PDA

View Full Version : Light sensitivity

cattia
11-10-17, 08:46
Does anyone else have this with anxiety? I feel like all lights are too bright and hurt my eyes. I have had my eyes tested and they are fine so I'm worrying about my brain.

jojo2316
11-10-17, 08:58
Hi Cattia,
I think I do relate to many of your issues.... I find anxiety (especially at the moment!) makes me hyper aware of my vision. Lights look odd, colour strange etc. It probably is just that you are noticing it more.
Wasn't it you who wrote a post about seeing your digital clock all blurry in the middle of the night? I had exactly the same problem as that and it totally freaked me out. But the. I worked out that in dark your pupils are dilated so writing that is lit up looks blurred. It's the same for everyone I think! Also your dizziness, vertigo feelings associated with panic. Totally relate to that!
You are fine!
Jojo x

somethingsomething
11-10-17, 21:53
hmm i have this problem too. lot of glare especially at night? i dont need to squint either but i panick and think why is it so bright but i dont need to squint?
also getting these weird starbursts from certain cars it's freaking me out. opticians say im fine but i think my anxiety plays a part in this, because ive been really anxious about my vision i seem to notice pretty much everything at once.