PDA

View Full Version : Worried while waiting on blood results

GingerFish
11-10-17, 12:02
I went to the nurse today to have blood taken for a rheumatology referral for suspected arthritis related to my psoriasis and also because I have a small lymph node that popped up before a cold recently. The nurse checked for everything and took about six vials.

She checked my temp too and I have a low fever but I feel fine. This has happened a few times when getting my temp checked over the years at the docs from what I remember.

This is the first blood test I've had done since around 2012 and although I've never had anything bad found on any blood work, I can't help but worry until I get the results back. The nurse said she would call me on Friday morning to discuss the results whether they are good or bad.

Do you guys feel the same when awaiting results? I feel sick to my stomach. I know it's just HA and it's good to have a set of blood work as a baseline but I am absolutely terrified

snowflake293
11-10-17, 12:14
I know exactly how you feel. I have a phobia off being told I need tests, then if I actually have to have tests done my anxiety is through the roof to the point I will get so worked up I'll actually throw up.

A few years ago I had a scan of my ankle which kept clicking. The scan results showed some leaking fluid. I also had blood tests which showed a raised rheumatoid factor so they sent me to a rheumatologist. She gave me a physical examination and a back xray and said I was fine and off I went!

I have got to see my GP in a few weeks over something and I am so worried they will want to do blood tests or scans, I am really nervous and it is all I can think about. My HA has only recently resurfaced and I can already feel it robbing me of my life again.

GingerFish
11-10-17, 15:40
Sorry to hear you're in the same boat. It's a vicious cycle because if we don't get tests - we worry we are ill and missing something but then if we get sent for tests, we worry there is something seriously wrong. Hope all goes well for you :hugs:

GingerFish
11-10-17, 20:48
Really struggling tonight. All I can think is that they've found something serious like leukemia or lymphoma. I know I am being irrational and its the anxiety talking but I am finding it very hard to control and calm myself tonight. I'm just sitting here in a panicky crying mess.