PDA

View Full Version : Should I follow up? Is this acid reflux ?

Infowars87
11-10-17, 13:37
Hello,
About a month ago I had a chest x ray and two ECG's and blood work that all came out great. Lately I've been experiencing shortness of breath with a great deal of yawning , a sour taste in my mouth , burping, burning feeling in throat and dull chest pain in the middle to right chest , is this acid reflux ?

budgie1979
11-10-17, 17:09
I'm not a doctor, but it sure sounds like reflux. I'm having the same issues at the moment. Seeing the gastro doctor in 2 weeks and probably getting an endoscopy to confirm reflux and rule out things like ulcers, but my ENT said I definitely have "textbook" symptoms of reflux when she looked down my throat. Your doctor can prescribe PPIs to help and give you tips on lifestyle changes (eating smaller meals, avoiding trigger foods, etc.). So, yeah, I would follow up with the doctor because reflux is miserable and there are things you can do to fix it, but no need to panic about it in the meantime.

Fishmanpa
11-10-17, 17:12
Should I follow up? Is this acid reflux ?

You could but it does sound like reflux. Before hitting up the doctor, try an OTC PPI like Zantac. That along with watching your diet may alleviate it.

Positive thoughts

Dave_Lister
12-10-17, 16:21
Hello,
About a month ago I had a chest x ray and two ECG's and blood work that all came out great. Lately I've been experiencing shortness of breath with a great deal of yawning , a sour taste in my mouth , burping, burning feeling in throat and dull chest pain in the middle to right chest , is this acid reflux ?

I would say without a doubt that this is indeed reflux. I get it and it does the same thing to me.

Try taking something like Zantac and you should feel better.