PDA

View Full Version : Females: Chin hair worries (Tunor? PCOS? Age?)

MoleHill
11-10-17, 21:44
As I've gotten older, I've increasingly gotten more dark chin hairs :( It started with 1 random one in my 20s. Now I pluck weekly. I've also gained significant weight since my 20s. I don't have anything close to a beard, and my husband says he doesn't even see it, but I definitely have some dark hairs that crop up.

And I worry about androgen secreting tumors :(

I've looked into PCOS online, but I've never had trouble getting pregnant, so I'm not sure that fits me. Of course, I was always thinner when I got pregnant.

Could I have developed PCOS with weight gain?

Anyone else have chin hairs as they age?

JuliaSugarbaker
11-10-17, 21:55
I have PCOS, have lots of facial hair and it really didn't (doesn't) effect my life in any way. It made getting pregnant a challenge, but I have two kids.

Also, could just be aging. We lose estrogen as we get older. It's life. I really doubt you have a tumor because you have some dark chin hairs.

MoleHill
12-10-17, 02:02
Thank you. I guess it's just a getting older thing?

Lola-Lee
12-10-17, 04:11
I have chin hairs,tough little buggers to get rid of,my mum has them too, I tried Nair hair removal too no avail, probably end up having a shave.:roflmao:

MyNameIsTerry
12-10-17, 05:06
I have chin hairs,tough little buggers to get rid of,my mum has them too, I tried Nair hair removal too no avail, probably end up having a shave.:roflmao:

Have you seen the No No! ? That seems popular for this.

Lots of women have hairs but as you get older you get more. Same for us blokes with the ear hairs and nasal hair that if you pull on it a butler turns up :D

Annaboodle
12-10-17, 09:28
Hello. My natural state has always been a cross between Bert from Sesame Street and Wolverine, even when I was in my teens. But otherwise, yes it's just a part of getting older. Tweezerman tweezers are the best. You must all go out and buy them now! lol. I wasted so much time and money on hair removal creams, wax strips, before finding them.

elysemarie123
12-10-17, 13:34
Unfortunately this is also something I deal with (also a mustache). My Italian grandmother embraced this and would let her hair grow out. I remember as a child that I would ask her why she had hair on her face and she said it was a mark of beauty. She is no longer living but it's nice to relate my chin hair to someone so special :)

nicole97
12-10-17, 14:46
If it helps any, I have PCOS and I have 3 children and had no issues conceiving. I have the chin hair and the weight gain (and the impossible time trying to lose said weight gain), but not all women have issues conceiving. That just tends to be the biggest indicator for most people.

Carrera74
12-10-17, 14:51
I have the dreaded chin hairs too. My colleagues who are a similar age to me all have this too. It's an age thing I'm afraid :D

MoleHill
13-10-17, 04:41
Are the Tweezerman tweezers really that different? Guess I need to check them out!

---------- Post added at 03:41 ---------- Previous post was at 00:40 ----------

If it helps any, I have PCOS and I have 3 children and had no issues conceiving. I have the chin hair and the weight gain (and the impossible time trying to lose said weight gain), but not all women have issues conceiving. That just tends to be the biggest indicator for most people.

This helps a lot! So not all PCOS sufferers have trouble getting pregnant. I think I've had it a long time.

Annaboodle
13-10-17, 08:54
[QUOTE=MoleHill;1726310]Are the Tweezerman tweezers really that different? Guess I need to check them out![COLOR="blue"]

Hello again. I'd say so, based on having bought so many different tweezers over the years. Why they're good for me is that I have coarse dark hairs on my upper lip which become visible really quickly and they can be removed with the Tweezerman ones when they're absolutely tiny - barely poking through the skin. Other tweezers I've tried the hairs have to be longer, which for some people wouldn't matter but mine are so dark. I'm not normally one for branded products by the way, always going for cheaper alternatives if possible.

Chick100
13-10-17, 09:41
Its an ageing thing. I have them too. Have resorted to getting a mini shaver, can also use that on my eyebrows which now sprout long unruly hairs which stick out at the most bizarre angles.

MoleHill
13-10-17, 13:10
[QUOTE=MoleHill;1726310]Are the Tweezerman tweezers really that different? Guess I need to check them out![COLOR="blue"]

Hello again. I'd say so, based on having bought so many different tweezers over the years. Why they're good for me is that I have coarse dark hairs on my upper lip which become visible really quickly and they can be removed with the Tweezerman ones when they're absolutely tiny - barely poking through the skin. Other tweezers I've tried the hairs have to be longer, which for some people wouldn't matter but mine are so dark. I'm not normally one for branded products by the way, always going for cheaper alternatives if possible.

I'm going to go get some today!

Sometimes, I can squeeze the little hairs out like a blackhead. Weird. But I'm all about getting them early, so I need tweezerman.

agostoangie1993
13-10-17, 13:56
I have a few chin hairs, I pluck them about once a week. I do shave them when I’m in a rush and have to go out which is a bad choice. I am 24 years old and have one daughter, naturally my period just decided to show up one day and I became pregnant ❤️. I am a thin pcos woman and I’m trying for baby number two on Dong Quai to see if my period comes. Anyone heard of Dong Quai or has taken it before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyNameIsTerry
13-10-17, 16:17
Tweezering, waxing, pushing something the size of a melon out of an apple sized hole and worst of all...enduring a cold whilst working, feeding the family and doing all the usual chores without even spending days lying in bed with a hankie over their faces groaning.

All reasons why women are tougher than men!

Why do they call it a Tweezerman? No blokes going to be pulling hairs out of his love spuds without an anesthetic!!! :biggrin:

Fishmanpa
13-10-17, 16:43
I had to chuckle a bit at this... I don't care your gender, things happen like this as we age. I started balding in my 20's. Been sporting the "Mr. Clean" look since my 30's.

But what's happened as I've grown older, it seems like while I lost the hair on my head, I've grown much more in my ears and nose! ~lol~ But hell no I will not do an ear or nose wax! Scissors and tweezers for me baby!

To the OP.. it's a chin hair... no different than a stray hair anywhere else on your body ;)

Good luck and happy tweezing!

Positive thoughts

CHELLEB1017
13-10-17, 16:49
I am 36 and I have literally always had one dark chin hair that I pluck monthly before people will notice it! As long as you don't have a full beard I think you are good lol!!!

Magic
13-10-17, 18:51
I am fair, so I don't bother too much. In the summer my tweezers are out though.