PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help ?

Alfiemoon
12-10-17, 15:35
I have suffered with anxiety for the past twenty years, It all started with my child who was born with serious medical problems and has had numerous operations.I become obsessed with going pysvhotic, hearing voices etc.
This went away but now im obsessed with my vision, and its freaking me out, the more its freaking me out the more anxious in getting, I know its irrational but I was looking at the trees and the pattern of the leaves looked like a face, now im scanning my enviroment and any random pattern im trying to see if there is a face. Ive booked a appointment with my doctor. Please can anyone reassure me please is this anxiety or am I losing it.

sheslostcontrol
12-10-17, 21:41
Hey! :)

As a fellow psychosis worrier, I can relate to you 100 %.

I’m having the same thing with ‘seeing’ (ie being reminded of) faces in patterns too - it’s called pareidolia and I’m yet to meet someone who has never experience it. :) Since we are anxious, our mind is constantly on the lookout for ‘danger’ and the ‘danger’ for you are facial patterns.

Anyway, only a doctor can tell you if you’re ‘losing it’. I would say that a person who recognises it’s just patterns and books themselves an appointment with their doctor isn’t really, but I’m not a doc, so you have to wait. :D

Have a great day. :)

Alfiemoon
12-10-17, 22:20
Thank you for your reply, nice to know I am not the only who has experienced this, and I think im making it worse by obsessing about it, pyschosis has always been my biggest fear for some reason but I have always been anxious person.

Juustopallo
12-10-17, 22:53
Alfiemoon I started a similar topic recently called Schiz OCD(?). You'll find some good stuff there. I also posted a helpful link there just minutes ago!

Alfiemoon
13-10-17, 14:17
Thank you juustopallo for you help, I will take a look.