PDA

View Full Version : brain tumor?

motox&mascara
12-10-17, 22:59
hey all,

i did have a post up re my brain tumor fear at the moment, but when i deleted the double up post it seems to have deleted the whole thread so i couldn't reply to those who had comments - so I really am sorry about the consistent posting not trying to bombard the site or anything :weep:

anywho, rather than go into it all again, i have a different question.
i had a clear MRI done about 2/3 years ago, nothing was found (had this when my dizzy spells first started to rule out anything before doctor concluded anxiety).
my question is, is it irrational for me to be thinking about something having developed during that time? My doctor won’t give me another MRI as he doesn’t think I need it. But obviously, anxiety makes one question that.

Obviously as my title states, I am concerned about a brain tumour at present and I can’t seem to get it out of my head. The thought is there consistently throughout the day and its wearing me down.
I just had bloods done a couple of days ago, and apart from low iron which I am now on medication for, everything else was in the normal ranges.
Symptoms I have is head pressure throughout the day, dizzy spells (like vertigo), fatigue and a little nausea. I am also starting to have headaches (woke up with one today eeek!) and my left hand has started tingling today like it has pins and needles.

I'm loosing my mind and am worried I dont have much time left...

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light or just offer some support as I am alone in the struggle in my own mind and it sucks!

x

--

Should also add, just today i have started to get tingling/pins and needles in my left arm and my left eye lid looks like its drooping - but i dont know whats real anymore.
Think I might go to the hospital as I am really scared.

jojo2316
13-10-17, 07:44
I am with you down this rabbit hole (see my recent posts). But do try to remember that you were tested quiet recently for rather similar symptoms. Your anxiety was causing those symptoms then - so why not now?
Jojo xx

Annaki
14-10-17, 16:14
I have literally the exact same symptoms down to the left arm tingling...I am also freaking out about a brain tumor and had an MRI 2.5 years ago. I'm so scared I don't even know what is real anymore but reading your post makes me feel a little better

motox&mascara
16-10-17, 01:41
thanks for your replies, i really appreciate it :)

jojo, your right about the rabbit hole lol - once i get something in my head i just spiral downwards. Usually I get like this and eventually pull myself out of it, but this time it's sticking around. And the more i search, the more other "illness's" pop up where i'm like "oh god - i have those symptoms" and so it continues.

i've been chatting to my doctor over email and he still doesn't think its "brain tumor" related and that my clear MRI is reassuring, but i still question it as it was a few years ago now, im like "what if" something has developed since then. its a horrible illness to have this health anxiety.
i was so bad on friday last week i sat in my car in tears with no hope left and considered driving to the hospital and telling them i was done, that i wanted to die cos i am so over constantly thinking i am dying and will leave my son without a mother.

i am off to see my doc in person tomorrow to talk about everything, and my partner is coming with me as he is concerned about how my mental state has gotten (i used to be such a happy outgoing person) so we are going to see about getting me back on my medication and hopefully he can reassure me that this is NOT a brain tumor.

god i hate this! and sometimes, i hate being me, the health anxiety me!

we can all get through this though, its just going to take hard work!

x

sombeer20
16-10-17, 04:57
Minus some details I'm going through an eerily similar situation right now. Do your eyes ever feel like they can't focus quite right or that you're bouncing when you walk? I feel like I start disassociating with reality so badly.