PDA

View Full Version : Period came 2 weeks early - lost baby in June & health anxiety through the roof :(

snowflake293
13-10-17, 12:03
Hi guys

**Warning - contains detail about miscarriage and periods**

I am having a really tough time :( I had a miscarriage in June at 9 weeks. I had a D&C under a general anaesthetic.

My periods returned 6 weeks later and were a little lighter, less painful than usual. Had 3 periods since, pretty much all on time. Currently on my 4th cycle, day 14 but yesterday I came on again. It doesn't look like my normal period, it is darker and lighter and I don't have period pain as such but I do however, have the cramps associated with Endometriosis (which I am diagnosed with) It is too heavy to be ovulation bleeding and it contains clots so I think it could be that my period has arrived early. We are not currently trying to conceive again because of my mental health.

I have found some reassuring posts on here about bleeding between periods and how stress can cause it (I have been very upset/stressed and I am struggling coming to terms which what happened)

However, I am worrying about my hormones as my breasts leak a little (only if I squeeze them hard and now I am not squeezing they are doing it less, I know that is super weird!) I also am spottier than usual and my hair is a little greasier than usual. I am so frightened and I feel like my body betrayed me when I lost the baby and it is betraying me again now but acting weird.

I am not wanting to be intimate as much as I was and I have gained a bit of weight round my middle (although this was there before I got pregnant, just hasn't shifted since even though I am off the Sertraline now :lac:)

Since losing the baby my health anxiety has come back. Basically, my biggest fear being pregnant was losing my baby and my fear came true in EXACTLY the way I had feared and played out in my head... so now of course, I think that every worry I have will also come true :weep:

I am so scared of the c-word, especially as I am due a smear (booked in for next week, dreading it) and also of early menopause. I know if I rationalise it, it is likely to be stress/hormones but I am so frightened.

I have a GP appointment on the 2nd November so have a while to wait. Later that week I am also having an assessment to hopefully get me some CBT as that helped so much when I was bad before.

Has anyone been through this or known someone who has gone through this?

I feel so low and weepy and I am definitely suffering with the grief. I am lucky as I have a lot of support around me and I feel 'safe' even at my lowest points, but I am so annoyed my health anxiety is back. It is so weird cause even though its back I am not freaking out as much as I used to, I think the CBT I had before really did rewire my brain.

Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone has experienced bleeding between periods/periods coming early?

O_O
13-10-17, 19:46
Hi snowflake,

I recently had a miscarriage too (see my posts!) so know something of what you are feeling. Many of my fears came true too. I am not coping at all, and have had a breakdown.

What I can say is that early periods / mid-cycle bleeding is not uncommon, particularly in the months after a miscarriage or coming off the contraceptive pill. It can take a while for the body to readjust. I've definitely had mid-cycle bleeding before, and occasional missed periods or late / early periods. It's a common thing that just happens sometimes. If it was happening a lot, then you may want to speak to your GP. I wouldn't worry about a one off thing though.

Nothing about this suggests cervical cancer to me. Have your smears been clear in the past? I'd imagine if anything it's more related to your endometriosis or your hormone levels readjusting.

I more than understand the utter dread that comes with health anxiety though. It can be impossible to shake off.

ODA_555
13-10-17, 20:01
Hi guys

**Warning - contains detail about miscarriage and periods**

I am having a really tough time :( I had a miscarriage in June at 9 weeks. I had a D&C under a general anaesthetic.

My periods returned 6 weeks later and were a little lighter, less painful than usual. Had 3 periods since, pretty much all on time. Currently on my 4th cycle, day 14 but yesterday I came on again. It doesn't look like my normal period, it is darker and lighter and I don't have period pain as such but I do however, have the cramps associated with Endometriosis (which I am diagnosed with) It is too heavy to be ovulation bleeding and it contains clots so I think it could be that my period has arrived early. We are not currently trying to conceive again because of my mental health.

I have found some reassuring posts on here about bleeding between periods and how stress can cause it (I have been very upset/stressed and I am struggling coming to terms which what happened)

However, I am worrying about my hormones as my breasts leak a little (only if I squeeze them hard and now I am not squeezing they are doing it less, I know that is super weird!) I also am spottier than usual and my hair is a little greasier than usual. I am so frightened and I feel like my body betrayed me when I lost the baby and it is betraying me again now but acting weird.

I am not wanting to be intimate as much as I was and I have gained a bit of weight round my middle (although this was there before I got pregnant, just hasn't shifted since even though I am off the Sertraline now :lac:)

Since losing the baby my health anxiety has come back. Basically, my biggest fear being pregnant was losing my baby and my fear came true in EXACTLY the way I had feared and played out in my head... so now of course, I think that every worry I have will also come true :weep:

I am so scared of the c-word, especially as I am due a smear (booked in for next week, dreading it) and also of early menopause. I know if I rationalise it, it is likely to be stress/hormones but I am so frightened.

I have a GP appointment on the 2nd November so have a while to wait. Later that week I am also having an assessment to hopefully get me some CBT as that helped so much when I was bad before.

Has anyone been through this or known someone who has gone through this?

I feel so low and weepy and I am definitely suffering with the grief. I am lucky as I have a lot of support around me and I feel 'safe' even at my lowest points, but I am so annoyed my health anxiety is back. It is so weird cause even though its back I am not freaking out as much as I used to, I think the CBT I had before really did rewire my brain.

Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone has experienced bleeding between periods/periods coming early?
OP, I am male so I can't speak to your specific symptoms but I just want to say I'm sorry for what you had to go through.

snowflake293
15-10-17, 09:06
Hi snowflake,

I recently had a miscarriage too (see my posts!) so know something of what you are feeling. Many of my fears came true too. I am not coping at all, and have had a breakdown.

What I can say is that early periods / mid-cycle bleeding is not uncommon, particularly in the months after a miscarriage or coming off the contraceptive pill. It can take a while for the body to readjust. I've definitely had mid-cycle bleeding before, and occasional missed periods or late / early periods. It's a common thing that just happens sometimes. If it was happening a lot, then you may want to speak to your GP. I wouldn't worry about a one off thing though.

Nothing about this suggests cervical cancer to me. Have your smears been clear in the past? I'd imagine if anything it's more related to your endometriosis or your hormone levels readjusting.

I more than understand the utter dread that comes with health anxiety though. It can be impossible to shake off.

I am so sorry to hear you went through this too. I will search for your posts and read them. All I can say is I hope you are getting the help and support you need, it is such a horrible thing to go through. I lost my baby 4 months ago and I am still in a bad place mentally. Most days though, I manage to function. It is just the quiet moments when it hits me all over again.

All my smears have been clear in the past. I am worrying loads about my womb/ovaries as I know I have endometriosis and cysts. When I had the second scan to confirm the miscarriage, they said I have quite a few cysts and I am worrying now these could be c-word, or they have grown bigger and are causing me problems. I have Googled (I know...) cyst symptoms and I have many of them.

I feel so low and I am gaining weight (even though I am trying to lose it, although not trying that hard if I am honest lol) I keep seeing pictures come up on Facebook from a few years ago and I look like a different person. I hate my body at the moment.

Yesterday was really bad... in the morning me and my husband were going to go out but I started getting pain and bloating a few hours after breakfast. I had to lie down and in the end I was ok and we went out (glad we did as it did my anxiety good) and it turned out to be trapped wind (lol!) but I feel so uncomfortable after I eat and I am even getting pain on my right side which is making me worry its my liver or gallbladder.

Conversely... I think I have *always* had these aches, pains and niggles. The pain isn't stopping me from doing owt, it's more of an uncomfortable sensation. I think because my health anxiety has flared I am super aware of everything.

Just hoping this pain and bloating in my tummy goes down. Seeing the Dr in a few weeks so will accept whatever they say, good or bad! Hoping I don't get sent for tests though as I hate them.

---------- Post added at 09:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 ----------

OP, I am male so I can't speak to your specific symptoms but I just want to say I'm sorry for what you had to go through.

Thank you

O_O
15-10-17, 13:24
We're both having issues with food then (though in opposite directions)!

And yep they found a 4cm cyst on my ovary as well. Said it was just a normal functional cyst that will go away. I'm trying not to think about it since I'm not getting any symptoms. I don't think they could even find my left ovary because it was covered by bowel or something!

I just hope that if my HCG drops beneath 5 soon then I'll be able to come out of the other side without the need for medication and will be able to function again. Terrified it won't drop! But even if it does maybe I'll just find something else to obsess about, like when my menstrual cycle will resume...

Gastrointestinal symptoms are soooo classic of anxiety too. And even if it isn't that it's probably just trapped wind like you said :)

snowflake293
18-10-17, 08:32
It is just a nightmare. I am really struggling this week, currently panicking over my smear this Friday (mainly panicking over getting the results and waiting for them but the procedure I hate) and also my breasts still leak so scared of whatever is causing that. I keep getting pains round my liver area/gallbladder and feel bloated, dizzy and sick. My stomach sticks out so much I still look pregnant even though I lost the baby in June.

I am so stressed and it is so hard keeping a lid on it at work etc... I am in tears most nights at home to my husband and last night I was afraid to go to to sleep. I am feeling so low and depressed. Its like I am jist waiting for the next bad thing to happen.

I hate my body and I dont trust it or myself anymore. I dont even feel like I belong inside it. Every day I feel so restless and uncomfortable. I dont go to any social events anymore, I find excuses to not go. I hate it all so much.

O_O
18-10-17, 10:15
I feel terrible today as well. My next HCG test isn't until next week, and this morning I woke up with pains in my pelvis and lower back. No idea what that is.

I think the hormone prolactin causes lactation. Maybe you have sightly elevated levels still? In fact, I was found to have elevated prolactin years ago! Had a scan and no cause for concern. I think it's quite common, particularly when you've been carrying a child.

I've become a complete recluse. The only time I've left the house in the last couple of weeks is to go to the doctor, and I can't see that changing any time soon. I just can't seem to do anything.