PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety or illness???

Ljthompson10
13-10-17, 13:15
Hi all. I have done really well with my health anxiety and haven't had a problem with it for over a year now.

However the other week I was sat drying my hair and suddenly I had a really deep thought which basically made me zone out. I thought I was back at uni talking to my mates. I suddenly snapped out of this thought but it really scares me and suddenly a huge migraine hit me. I was in bed for the whole day and was so so ill. Anyway since then I've been having these weird moments where I will suddenly feel very strange (out of breath, light headed etc) and a headache will follow. Yesterday was the worst day so far. I was at uni and I had about 4 of these moments out of the blue and ended up feeling very anxious and faint. I can't even remember certain points of the day. Last night I slept for AGES (about 12 hours) and today thought I felt a little better, however I'm out with my family now and I feel almost as if I'm experiencing derealisation (my health anxiety used to make me feel like this) I feel very anxious and spaced out. And I've just had another weird moment where I went light headed and faint and now have a bad headache again.

I'm terrified. Please help and tell me what you think is wrong. I don't want to look online as I don't want my health anxiety to spiral again like it did last year with brain tumour fears etc!!

CeeCeeCee
13-10-17, 13:42
Hi, I don't get migraine but it sounds like it could be a kind of de ja vous related to the onset of one. We all get times when we feel we have been here before and migraines can do strange things to our brains as they are such a massive knock to the system. Hope this helps a little :-)

Ljthompson10
13-10-17, 14:10
Thankyou so much for the reply. I just fear about having a brain tumour. I'm struggling at the minute as I've just started uni and my grandma has been diagnosed with cancer herself. I lost 2 grandads in the last year or so and just fear being ill myself. I pray it's not a brain issue.