PDA

View Full Version : panic

nigela
14-06-07, 16:13
Hi there
can anyone help i keep feeling so panicky-feeling like trapped can,t escape-
like in the car as passenger and in supermarket-the thought in my head is i need to get back home-it feels much worse than the usual quick panic attacks i have had for a while-maybe my age-peri menopause or something!
Nina x

honeybee3939
14-06-07, 18:45
Hi Negela

I get this trapped feeling too so can understand how you feel hun.

Distraction and Breathing techniques can help stop the anxiety, take a look at this link from the coping section of the forum it will help hun.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=coping

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

nigela
14-06-07, 19:42
Thanks ever so much for that Andrea-I have printed it off!
nina x

Nibbles
15-06-07, 16:14
Hi Nina,

I feel trapped in certain situations like so many people who suffer with anxiety. Distractions help a lot and also writing down a list of positive comments in advance so you can read it when anxious. Try breaking what you're doing into chunks too so it doesn't feel like a huge task e.g. the grocery part of the shop, then the meat etc.

Take care,

Wenjoy
16-06-07, 09:35
I get like that too - especially if a shop or place is too hot and stuffy - I panic thinking - I cant breathe and I gotta get out - I try to calm my breathing and distract myself. Wenjoy x

shaz01
19-06-07, 20:08
Hi everyone,

Im the same, I dread an indoor shopping centre thats busy, what I do is I find out before hand where the exit points are so when I feel like Im suffocating I go out and get some air and take a deep breath.

Shaz x x

Lindalou64
19-06-07, 20:41
thats what we need to too is take a walk get some air,try and talk with someone i talk to anyone when im real bad.lol.im good at that..........its scary but it does pass...just by tellin yaself this shall pass and keep doing what ya doing if it gets to bad then go out and get some air the more we run the harder it is to do it again.its just an awful feeling that cant hurt us even tho we feel as if it could,im just trying to stay positive and i find that to be the most effective in coping..................Linda xx

Lindalou64
19-06-07, 22:50
god i feel awful i really drank too much coffee...i hope i remember tomorrow how i feel right now im buzzing all around but feel like crap....thanks for reminding me what coffee really does ...ewwwwwwww :(