PDA

View Full Version : I fear it's bulbar onset ALS

william17327
13-10-17, 21:11
Hello all. For the past almost 3 months I've been experiencing a strange vocal condition. I cannot sing without my voice cracking. I struggle with the volume of my voice at normal speaking levels. My voice feels flat and my pitch is out of wack. Overall, it just feels weak.

A trip to my GP led to a normal bloodwork test. He recommended that I see a ENT, who performed a laryngoscopy and found nothing out of the ordinary, except for some mild reflux. She recommended that I see a speech pathologist, and I have made an appointment.

I am at a loss. It appears that noting is physically wrong with my throat, but something is causing this. I have had als fears in the past for silly things, but this is really worrying me. I am only 28 years old... Usually much too young for als. But I know it's happened.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Fishmanpa
13-10-17, 21:36
Please read this (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=196071)... And please, do not go on the ALS forums!

Positive thoughts

melfish
14-10-17, 05:30
And please, do not go on the ALS forums!

Too late :(

william17327
15-10-17, 06:54
Too late :(I'm no stranger to reading those forums. It was gonna happen.

melfish
15-10-17, 19:16
I lurk there too. I haven't, however, posted because I think it's both disrespectful and selfish to expect those suffering from or caring for those with this dreadful illness to alleviate our anxieties.