PDA

View Full Version : Climbing up the walls!

scottk
14-10-17, 11:20
I am on day 5 of my second time on Citalopram and am struggling bad with increased anxiety as well as much more aware of what my body is doing. The last time I started on 10mg and then went up to 20mg. This time went straight in at 20mg.

Now pacing around the house or hiding in bed. Not easy with a wife and three kids.

Took a 2mg Diazepam last night to sleep but felt like I kept waking up agitated.

Not looking forward to work on Monday...

scottk
15-10-17, 16:18
I know this passes eventually, I hope, but it's bloody awful now. :scared15:

binashubby
16-10-17, 17:59
Know how you feel mate.

LostTomorrow
17-10-17, 19:03
I'm on day 5, 10mg. Really anxious today, yesterday was ok, now anxious about tomorrow.
I wake up anxious, get through work, come home anxious, have to force myself to go pee, eat.....move.
The only positive thing I'm finding about citalopram is that it's not quite as bad as the first couple of weeks of Venlafaxine were :(
All the best

scottk
17-10-17, 20:34
Told my boss today. Typical bloke, just wanted to know how to fix it and all I wanted was some support and a sympathetic ear.

Kendra
17-10-17, 21:47
Stick with it. Cit saved my life. Try and distract yourself for small periods at a time. Eat little and often or when you can. It is rough at the moment but these effects will all go within a week or 2 and you will start to feel better. Sending you hugs xx

scottk
18-10-17, 12:03
So tired today. Working is like thinking through treacle.

EmmerLooeez
18-10-17, 12:15
Sorry you're having a hard time of it! How are you feeling on the cit now?
I sympathise with starting a new med and being all over with a spouse and three children... It's exhausting.

Do you feel like you could take a break from work for a few days whilst you settle in? Or isn't it feasible? Hang in there. :)

swgrl09
18-10-17, 14:05
I am restarting escitalopram (lexapro) and have had similar experiences. I had the worst anxiety of my life and felt like I was crawling out of my skin. I have been taken off work until the end of the month because it has been so bad. I have been struggling with sleep, difficulty eating, etc. I'm hoping it gets better soon for both of us.

scottk
18-10-17, 18:58
So nice to have sympathetic ears.

I'm confident this will pass but right now I am so tired!

I have a coupe of days off now so I am going to rest. Well, as much as you can with three kids. Actually them keeping me busy probably helps.

Take care all.

Iwant2bhealthy
18-10-17, 19:12
Scottk, did you get some meds to help you cope with the side effects?

I was feeling so bad in the first couple of weks on escitalopram that I almost stopped the treatment. I had aloprazolam to help me cope. But even then, it was hard, so I can only imagine how you feel.

The good news is that in a couple of weeks you'll feel much better! Take care!

Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk

scottk
21-10-17, 19:30
Taking Diazepam 2mg when really bad. Don't tell anyone but their my mums!

Had 2 today. Mornings seems worst. I just want my old life back. But then it was that that caused the problem. Trying subliminal tapes to get my head back together.

Iwant2bhealthy
23-10-17, 06:43
Taking Diazepam 2mg when really bad. Don't tell anyone but their my mums!

Had 2 today. Mornings seems worst. I just want my old life back. But then it was that that caused the problem. Trying subliminal tapes to get my head back together.Mornings were the worst for me too... I had a glass of water and the aloprazolam next to bed, and I was taking it as soon as I opened my eyes.

Keep counting down until 4 weeks of treatment. It should get much better soon!

---------- Post added at 05:43 ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 ----------

Also, make sure you drink enough. For some reason sipping water throughout the day lessened my anxiety.

scottk
23-10-17, 11:45
Spoke to Doc and she says to come off them due to extreme agitation. Back to see her in a week to see how things are or to look at another med.

Iwant2bhealthy
23-10-17, 12:51
Sorry to hear it got this bad. :-( I hope you'll find the right meds for you soon.

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 ----------

Do you have any other help? Ot is it just meds for you?

swgrl09
23-10-17, 13:05
Scott, I hope things improve soon. It can be a long process finding the right meds and can be really difficult to go through.

Lulu1960
23-10-17, 15:37
This Medication takes months and months to work.its a very slow process..it's not and over night fix.or a higher dose will make me better either...