PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else got this weird bug?

littleme92
14-10-17, 12:49
Hi

I have had a bad throat since Monday but on Wednesday, I was almost sick quite a few times and it felt like my bones were hurting. I thought I was going to collapse walking through town to my psychology appointment. The sore throat hasn't gone away and I have now lost my voice. I feel really sick atm and really exhausted and drained. I don't know if it's the anxiety and depression making me feel worse but I've never had a bug like this before. Usually I get a sore throat for 2-3 days and then it goes into my nose. I can't stop heaving and am scared to go out in case I collapse or throw up. I have also had some diarrhea as well.

Has anyone else got the same thing and how long does it last?

Thanks

Autumn4
14-10-17, 20:45
I have heard of several people with the same symptoms including myself. Sore throat, upset stomach, nausea & aching joints. Also very tired & blurred vision etc. Think anxiety makes it worse as well.

Midnight-mouse
14-10-17, 22:41
I definitely remember having something very much like this, are your tonsils swollen or white stuff at the back of your throat/on your tonsils?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

littleme92
15-10-17, 14:28
I have heard of several people with the same symptoms including myself. Sore throat, upset stomach, nausea & aching joints. Also very tired & blurred vision etc. Think anxiety makes it worse as well.

Thanks, yeah, I think so as well, my depression was getting better a little but now its slipped back since this bug. Hope its just the bug making me feel down.

I definitely remember having something very much like this, are your tonsils swollen or white stuff at the back of your throat/on your tonsils?

Hi, no they're not, my throat is just very red.

Midnight-mouse
15-10-17, 14:52
Thanks, yeah, I think so as well, my depression was getting better a little but now its slipped back since this bug. Hope its just the bug making me feel down.

Hi, no they're not, my throat is just very red.

Sounds like some angry little virus then, if things persist talk to your gp but in the mean time get plenty of rest when you can and make sure your getting enough fluids, I like honey and lemon teas or something like spiced apple and camomile with some honey drizzled in when I’m poorly. If you can manage a little light food it can help settle your stomach and peppermint tea is also great for the tummy too. I hope your feeling a little brighter soon. I know when I’m physically ill it really drains on my mental health too.

Well wishes

C