PDA

View Full Version : Do I Have Diabetes?

BillJShannon
15-10-17, 06:23
I'm a 23 year old male. I've looked through the major symptoms of diabetes, and have none with a couple exceptions. I have a tingling on my right foot (and sometimes leg) which has persisted for a week by now. It doesn't hurt, but it's very distracting and can tingle all around my foot. I read that nerve damage to the foot can be a sign of diabetes, and other things. I'm quite nervous right now as I have a bad eating habit which I'm currently improving upon and I am overweight, but not obese by any measure. I sometimes have a sore/strain on my limbs which aren't severe and are infrequent, but it nags at me. Recently I got a small cut on my hand which healed rather quickly which may not mean anything, but I heard wounds healed slower with diabetes. As far as I'm concerned these are my only symptoms, but I'm hearing this may be enough to have diabetes. I plan on visiting the doctor, but it would be really useful to have some information before going in. Does anybody have any information on this as it's causing me a lot of anxiety. Thank you!

AntsyVee
15-10-17, 06:32
None of this sounds like diabetes to me. My husband is a diabetic and so is another one of my relatives. Diabetic neuropathy, which you think is foot tingling, happens over many years of having uncontrolled diabetes, usually. There are other more persistent signs of diabetes (which I'm not going to describe so you don't obsess over them) which you have not mentioned at all.

Almost every 23 year old eats like crap. Enjoy it while it lasts because you won't be able to when you get older! LOL

paranoid-viking
15-10-17, 22:21
I am not qualified to give any educated answer about diabetes but as far as I know testing yourself for diabetes is very simple; it is measured by the blood sugar level and through a blood sample from your finger. So good luck with the blood test and hope for the best.