PDA

View Full Version : Heart worries

chloesarah99
15-10-17, 15:56
Hello :) I'm new here and I thought of making an account after reading others posts here multiple of times and after having one of my worst nights of anxiety last night.

Ever since i've been young i've been struggling with anxiety, when i was young it was mostly social related now for the past year and a bit it's been completely focused on my health. I'm worried constantly about different things to do with my health but it's got really bad lately.

I am a constant worrier and last week i started developing breathing problems that seemed to got worse the more i thought about it especially at night when i was sitting with more time on my hands. I've had asthma for a long time so I always have my inhaler besides me.. I know from googling that to have a heart attack you can get pains in your chest and i seemed to get a slight one in my right side last night and straight away panic kicked in and I of course started to worry I was dying. I kept trying to remind myself it was anxiety which seemed to calm me down eventually the issue was with sleeping.. I was tossing and turning all night worried that i was going to stop breathing at some point ( I had the same thing when i was on holiday a couple of months ago ) and I guess when i'm in the moment i struggle reassuring myself. I didn't end up actually falling asleep until around 6 and i've had about 5 hours, I've woken up and don't feel half as bad as i did last night

I guess all i'm wanting to hear is if anyone else can relate to this? i've heard it's a big symptom of anxiety. I was only at the docs not long ago worrying about having cancer! At the time it felt so real to me and I was on edge constantly. I'm probably going to end up going to the docs sometime in the next few days to get checked. Btw I'm 18 and i'm on no meds for anxiety. Thanks :)

---------- Post added at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

anyone?

Fishmanpa
15-10-17, 16:09
Common anxiety symptom... (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Heart_palpitations_chest_pain_irregular_b eats_flutters_skipped_beats)

Positive thoughts

Thelegend27
16-10-17, 07:12
I agree with fish, i see these symptoms pop up alot on this forum and its a symptom of anxiety a large majority of cases. i'm not saying dont see a doctor because anytime you have concerns the best place to go is to your doctor. i've had heart worries myself, in fact i've had 2 episodes of afib starting at 24 years old, so you can imagine the stress i cooked up. try reducing the anxiety and see how well your symptoms decline.