PDA

View Full Version : In Disneyland and need a kick up the ...

Noworryjonny
15-10-17, 15:47
I'm in Disney with my girlfriend and I really want to make sure she has a nice time but I'm in a lot of pain from my bum and back pain I know I've been told it's postural and stress but I just can't help worry it's more :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ellient
15-10-17, 15:49
You know it isn't more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
15-10-17, 16:06
Put the phone down, take a couple of ibuprofen and have a good time.

Positive thoughts

ServerError
15-10-17, 16:07
What answer do you want from us? Are we more qualified than your doctors? We haven't even examined you, for god sake!

If you want your girlfriend to have a good time, focus on her and the experience you're having together.

I don't know what more anyone can say to you.

NervUs
15-10-17, 17:32
That is the worst to be in a spiral when you're on vacation.

I find that socializing with my family does NOT bring me out of a spiral but socializing with friends and people I don't know DOES. Can you make some small talk with people in lines? If you begin carrying on a conversation and living in a normal moment, maybe that will spill over to those times when you are with your g/f alone.

Bigboyuk
15-10-17, 17:58
Agree with all the others for god sake enjoy your holiday I wish I was on holiday some ppl have all the luck and put that phone away:huh:

ocdbaking
15-10-17, 19:55
I had severe back pain for several years - it started when I was 23. I was on morphine within 3 months, and I have a very high pain tolerance. I ended up having surgery 3 years ago because my discs were bad - had a fusion done, as well as other stuff. My point is, if your doctors have said there is nothing - there is nothing.

In the nicest, kindest way, get a grip and enjoy your holiday and your girlfriend!

KK77
15-10-17, 21:20
Put some bunny ears on and have a spiffing good time with your girlfriend :D

MyNameIsTerry
16-10-17, 04:59
Try and keep it all inside you. When you feel the need to chase for reassurance tell yourself you are doing this for your GF and stop yourself. Not ideal but sometimes you have to just force yourself for the sake of others.

Focus on what is around you. Try to feel the ground, the wind, listen to the sounds and watch the kids going bonkers. Use your mind as well as your eyes.

Do something nice for your GF, it can give you a boost. Buy her a gift, make her smile.

I agree with Nancy too. I've found talking to strangers can give you a little confidence boost as your immediate world feels that little bit bigger.