PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had a neck lump like this??

O_O
15-10-17, 20:08
I've got a small, hard, slightly moveable lump in my neck.

It's fairly high up, higher up than the thyroid, sort of on my larynx or hyoid bone, and just left of centre. Seems painless. I've got a vague memory of finding this lump years ago but really not sure if I did or not. So it might be old, might be new!

I've heard that 1 in 20 neck lumps are cancer?! I'll go to the doctor, but just wondering if anyone else has had this...

O_O
15-10-17, 20:38
Thanks Dave. I'm 28. I know it is unlikely, but I can't stop worrying. To be honest, it does feel sort of smooth and spherical which I know isn't typical of cancer.

I'll see the doc anyway :)

NancyW
16-10-17, 02:34
I've heard that 1 in 20 neck lumps are cancer?!

UGH! Is this fact ?? Lumps are miserable for HAers.

Fishmanpa
16-10-17, 12:44
UGH! Is this fact ?? Lumps are miserable for HAers.

Nooooo!.... It's not fact for goodness sakes!

Positive thoughts

O_O
16-10-17, 17:28
I spoke to the doctor and she thinks it's nothing. Just a little gland or lymph node or something. She says it might be temporary or permanent. My anxiety keeps telling me that there aren't any glands or nodes in that particular spot... but I know I just need to try to listen to the doctor!

O_O
25-01-18, 23:32
Just an update. It's been a while, but the node seems to have become smaller. I can still feel it a bit, but it doesn't seem so pronounced. So, even though there seems to be no particular reason for it, it definitely doesn't look like it's anything bad!

Catherine S
25-01-18, 23:53
Why do you always think you know better than the doctors? Also not sure why you thought you needed to 'update' us about this, the thread is from last year so why add to it now?

O_O
25-01-18, 23:57
Why do you always think you know better than the doctors? Also not sure why you thought you needed to 'update' us about this, the thread is from last year so why add to it now?

Errrrrm...

a) I said I agreed with the doctor's diagnosis.

b) I updated because I know that when I read other people's threads I always like to know how they got on and if their symptoms resolved.

But, erm, I guess I'll just go and hide now... in this nice dark corner... with the shadows.

Catherine S
26-01-18, 00:20
Yeah, carry on with the little dramas if you want to Jenny. I've just seen the revival of another of your threads from last year, the one about the medication you should've taken and didn't. ...with your "ah well thats just me l guess" act again to get yet more reaction.

I agree that your post on this old thread tonight is more positive, but i'm curious as to why you think we want to know about it. The other old thread you've bumped tonight about meds you were given last year isn't positive at all and is...as you well know...revived by you to once again start up the reactions you love so much.

You need to stop this behaviour and seek help beyond the internet. I find your total disregard for those trying to help you on this forum quite breathtaking. On the other that you've bizarrely revived tonight about not taking the meds, people actually replied on it at that time, yet you've returned to it with no thanks to them, belated or otherwise.

O_O
26-01-18, 00:25
I really just thought that people liked to know the conclusion to things. I know I do, with other people's posts. That's all! I can't get to sleep so I thought I'd close off a couple of threads that hadn't been concluded. No harm meant.

Catherine S
26-01-18, 00:39
I doubt you revived them to close them off...that doesn't really make any sense, particularly with the other one about the meds, your post on that tonight is just click-bait.

Of course this is all just my opinion Jenny. I'm sure you'll get all the attention you want from it because people will always react as you know. My advice to you if you can't sleep..in view of the medication situation...is instead of turning to the Internet, make a hot chocolate and read a good book.

Leslie735
26-01-18, 00:44
Wow Catherine, she did a good thing by coming back and updating this thread. I know for one get frustrated when I search and read threads that are situations like mine and there is no update. Goodness, she was just updating not carrying on with anything.

ETA: Why are you even replying to her with this? You obviously don't suffer from anxiety so why respond so rudely to those who do? It doesn't help, believe me. As they say "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Thank you for updating this!!! :)

O_O
26-01-18, 00:55
Wow Catherine, she did a good thing by coming back and updating this thread. I know for one get frustrated when I search and read threads that are situations like mine and there is no update. Goodness, she was just updating not carrying on with anything.

ETA: Why are you even replying to her with this? You obviously don't suffer from anxiety so why respond so rudely to those who do? It doesn't help, believe me. As they say "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Thank you for updating this!!! :)

Thanks Leslie, I appreciate that. I know I have made an excessive fuss about some of my symptoms (although it seemed legitimate to me at the time) and I've done a lot of bizarre things out of desperation but I really didn't mean to create drama or clickbate by updating these old posts!

Leslie735
26-01-18, 00:59
Thanks Leslie, I appreciate that. I know I have made an excessive fuss about some of my symptoms (although it seemed legitimate to me at the time) and I've done a lot of bizarre things out of desperation but I really didn't mean to create drama or clickbate by updating these old posts!

You're welcome! :) I understand completely. HA grips us and we just need to find a way to escape that awful panic. I know. Its horrible! No judgement from me, I have been there, am there really. :bighug1:

Catherine S
26-01-18, 01:09
Hi Leslie. Thanks for your input. There is a reason why I've replied to Jenny the way I have here, and if you've taken the time to read through her recent thread re her shocking gynaecological ramblings...the one with over 400 replies and counting...you may just get an idea of where I'm coming from. That would be me and half of the forum including the admins that is, but hey...single me out if you want. But try reading it and then tell everybody on it how rude they're all being too.

I did acknowledge her post on this thread as being more positive but you've chosen to ignore that bit, but my opinion of her reasons for reviving the other old thread still stands, because of her behaviour to date.

Hope that's made my reaction here more clear. However, i'm not reeeelly interested in how you feel about me to be honest. We each have our own thoughts about certain situations. These just happen to be mine. Oh, and yes I do know all about HA, which is why I try to help others and have done so for quite some years on the forum. There is a difference between an HA sufferer and somebody who is constantly posting shocking stuff to get a reaction.

Cath

O_O
26-01-18, 01:23
Never mind, eh. All I can say is that I really don't have any interest in getting a reaction at all. I'm not saying I'm helping myself with my behaviour, and I've not taken advice well, but I've genuinely just had a terrible five months and I've been scared for my life nearly every day... as extreme as that may sound!

Everything I've posted has been true. Nothing has been fabricated. I just really have been doing some pretty mental things lately! I didn't used to be this way.

I don't mind if not everybody believes me, or if some people think I'm making stuff up or I'm just trying to get attention for some reason. I think most people believe me, even though I'm sure everyone thinks I'm bonkers and not helping myself at all, and I do appreciate the time everyone has taken to respond, even though I rarely follow any of their good advice.

---------- Post added at 01:23 ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 ----------

Anyway, this escalated quickly. Just wanted to say that sometimes lymph nodes don't go down for a while, but it doesn't mean they're cancer!

Leslie735
26-01-18, 01:32
Hi Leslie. Thanks for your input. There is a reason why I've replied to Jenny the way I have here, and if you've taken the time to read through her recent thread re her shocking gynaecological ramblings...the one with over 400 replies and counting...you may just get an idea of where I'm coming from. That would be me and half of the forum including the admins that is, but hey...single me out if you want. But try reading it and then tell everybody on it how rude they're all being too.

I did acknowledge her post on this thread as being more positive but you've chosen to ignore that bit, but my opinion of her reasons for reviving the other old thread still stands, because of her behaviour to date.

Hope that's made my reaction here more clear. However, i'm not reeeelly interested in how you feel about me to be honest. We each have our own thoughts about certain situations. These just happen to be mine. Oh, and yes I do know all about HA, which is why I try to help others and have done so for quite some years on the forum. There is a difference between an HA sufferer and somebody who is constantly posting shocking stuff to get a reaction.

Cath

I'm sorry , I didn't mean to sound snarky, I just feel sad for other fellow HA sufferers, like myself, when they get a response that just make them feel worse. I have read her threads/posts and the reason it doesn't bother me, is because I can relate. I know how she feels because I deal with my own HA and its terrible. I didn't mean to jump to conclusions that you have never dealt with HA so I'm sorry for that as well. I just have noticed lately I see people who obviously don't suffer from it, replying to those that do, rudely and it just makes them feel worse and ashamed of themselves. Were all here to help each other and provide some comfort and a listening ear. At least that is why I like to reply to others. I want other anxiety sufferers to know they're not alone and that I understand. Anyway, I'm rambling, I apologize for being snarky and judgmental, wasn't my intent.

Thank you Jenny, I appreciate your reassurance to my issue. :hugs:

Catherine S
26-01-18, 01:32
You've had so much help from us Jenny, and you've repeatedly posted pages and pages of stuff that people have been genuinely shocked by, yet you've continued to do it, so you surely know that carrying on posting in that way will result in the reactions you've had.

You refuse to take anybody's advice. It's exhausting and it's disrespectful. And bumping old threads in the hope that it can start all over again was a step too far for me tonight. And sorry but that's the way it looks I'm afraid.

Anyway, I'm off to have a hot chocolate..with a drop of rum in...and read a good book.

NancyW
26-01-18, 01:37
I agree that your post on this old thread tonight is more positive, but i'm curious as to why you think we want to know about it.

Speak for yourself Catherine, I appreciate the update.

Most of the threads have no resolution, no update, that is actually what I'm looking for but there are very few to be found.

So, thank you for coming back with your update.

O_O
26-01-18, 01:39
I'm sorry , I didn't mean to sound snarky, I just feel sad for other fellow HA sufferers, like myself, when they get a response that just make them feel worse. I have read her threads/posts and the reason it doesn't bother me, is because I can relate. I know how she feels because I deal with my own HA and its terrible. I didn't mean to jump to conclusions that you have never dealt with HA so I'm sorry for that as well. I just have noticed lately I see people who obviously don't suffer from it, replying to those that do, rudely and it just makes them feel worse and ashamed of themselves. Were all here to help each other and provide some comfort and a listening ear. At least that is why I like to reply to others. I want other anxiety sufferers to know they're not alone and that I understand. Anyway, I'm rambling, I apologize for being snarky and judgmental, wasn't my intent.

Thank you Jenny, I appreciate your reassurance to my issue. :hugs:

I don't think you need to worry about sounding sarcastic or judgemental. You were sticking up for somebody else (whether I deserved it or not!) and that's a really nice thing.

---------- Post added at 01:39 ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 ----------

Most of the threads have no resolution, no update, that is actually what I'm looking for but there are very few to be found.

No worries! I'll continue to conclude my threads, should they have a conclusion. Admittedly my citalopram thread had a less positive conclusion (I stopped taking it) but that's just the truth of the situation so that's what I wrote.

Catherine S
26-01-18, 01:55

Yep, I get that...for this particular thread maybe. Try reading the other one bumped about the meds. Why on earth would you bump a thread from last year to 'update' it by telling us that you didn't bother continuing to take the recomended medication. It's a repeat of her attitude on her gynae thread where so many of us have been trying so hard to help her.

Anybody else updating and I wouldn't bat an eyelid...but this poster's reasons for doing it smacks of ulterior motives.

Blonde123
26-01-18, 16:22
I’m currently going through a cancer scare atm. Yesterday I went through all the posts in the female issue board for advice and stories like mine. I find it very frustrating when people start a thread and don’t update, particularly when they’ve just joined the site or only posted a small amount of threads. Whilst Jenny has got probably the biggest post to date, ladies with similar fears will find the whole post interesting and relatable. Unfortunately I’m ashamed to admit that I only read posts pertinent to my current anxieties and I’m sure I’m not alone. I find the whole forum very helpful and on the whole friendly. I’m not singling anyone out but Jenny isn’t the only Person who posts about the same thing. I find that the more someone posts about their anxieties some people actually shout them down for it .

Leslie735
26-01-18, 19:38
I’m currently going through a cancer scare atm. Yesterday I went through all the posts in the female issue board for advice and stories like mine. I find it very frustrating when people start a thread and don’t update, particularly when they’ve just joined the site or only posted a small amount of threads. Whilst Jenny has got probably the biggest post to date, ladies with similar fears will find the whole post interesting and relatable. Unfortunately I’m ashamed to admit that I only read posts pertinent to my current anxieties and I’m sure I’m not alone. I find the whole forum very helpful and on the whole friendly. I’m not singling anyone out but Jenny isn’t the only Person who posts about the same thing. I find that the more someone posts about their anxieties some people actually shout them down for it .

Agreed!

Catherine S
26-01-18, 22:38
It's got nothing whatsoever to do with always posting about the same thing though. It's about the shock value she seems to enjoy by talking about performing various vaginal and rectal examinations on herself at home, using certain tools to do so. Telling us she's been taking medication she's bought online and laughing everything off when other people try to tell her she's putting herself at risk. Her attitude is scary.

It's about her continuing to post quite graphic stuff even though she already knows how others will react to her. I can't see how other women can relate to her at all quite frankly, nor why they would want to know about her updates on her persistant self abuse. Jenny needs some serious psychiatric help, and I'm not alone on this...it's been put forward many times on that long gynae thread of hers. She also knows this about herself.

Whatever motivates her to post the way she does...boredom, depression, her own self interest...whatever it is it's all quite sad really.