PDA

View Full Version : Multiple sclerosis?

sarah4856
16-10-17, 02:11
I've been trying to get over my fear of MS and convince myself it's just anxiety but I'm having a really hard time.
My symptoms of numb patches on feet, being spaced out constantly, weak feelings in hot weather and hot baths, limbs falling asleep easily and trouble swallowing, have not gone away and it's starting to scare me.
I need some reassurance that's it's just health anxiety and not the first stages of MS? I have been to my doctor about tingling in my hands about a year ago and told her that I was scared that I had MS and she referred me to a psychologist. Should I still trust this decision even if it was so long ago ?
I also cannot go to the doctor again because I am going away to uni next year and if my parents think I cannot deal with this without going to the doctor again then I cannot be trusted with living by myself. Please help ?

Elliejane44
18-10-17, 19:52
Hi

I have also had ms worries but moved into new ones now !

Did you go to see physiologist ? You could see gp again just to explain your concerns

Health anxiety is horrible

Ellie

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

By the way the symptoms do sound anxiety related . Is your feet really numb ie can you feel a sharp needle on them ? Leg falling asleep common as is tingling hands . Trouble swallowing is anxiety sign too

If you worried though check it out with gp