PDA

View Full Version : Worried about luekemia?

Ryank65
22-08-17, 23:49
Past couple months every time I get a bruise it turns yellow instead of black and blue color. I don't know what that means but I am worried about it. I'm seeing my doctor for a check up in 2 weeks. Is that something I should be concerned and bring up at the appointment? I'm worried about like leukemia or or some other bad cancer. I have bad anxiety and am addressing my anxiety with my doctor as well.

Midnight-mouse
23-08-17, 00:46
Could it be that your not noticing them before they are healing? Typically you see yellow bruises once the haemoglobin has started to break down. Are they small bruises?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AntsyVee
23-08-17, 03:30
Could it be that your not noticing them before they are healing? Typically you see yellow bruises once the haemoglobin has started to break down. Are they small bruises?

Exactly. That means they're healing.

Ryank65
23-08-17, 03:51
Yeah for the most part they are small bruises except I do have a large bruise a long the right shin bone. I smashed my shin against the cement 3 days ago and it never got black or blue and is yellow along left side of shin. Is this concerning that most of them have been turning yellowing tint?

Midnight-mouse
23-08-17, 11:26
Yeah for the most part they are small bruises except I do have a large bruise a long the right shin bone. I smashed my shin against the cement 3 days ago and it never got black or blue and is yellow along left side of shin. Is this concerning that most of them have been turning yellowing tint?

I have had bruises be all sorts of different colours to be honest with you, yellow tint it quite normal for me. Bruises do change colour as they heal. I know that on my partner they don't always come out blue or black mainly yellow ect he does not bruise easily I mean the last time he had a black eye it didn't actually come out black at all, I've seen him take some serious knocks that I know would turn me all sorts of funny colours. He is a former martial artist, skater and general idiot (his words) and he wants me to say bruises don't always come out how you expect.

Ryank65
09-09-17, 01:50
Hi I am a 23 year old male. I used to smoke cigarettes about a pack a month for 2 years before I quit a year ago. Also I had an abdominal CT scan exactly 2 years ago and 2 abdominal x rays evry 6 months after the CT scan.

I started having pain in my back opposite of my stomach 4 months ago and it has gotten a little better but pain is still there. I also have noticed I have been having abdominal pains and digestion problems on and off past 6 months. I have tiny pain under left ribs and right ribs where stomach and liver are, these pains are also on and off. Last my biggest concern is past 2 months it seems like every bruise I get turns yellow. Just last weekend I got drunk and ended up getting into a physical altercation with someone and 3 days later I have 8 yellow bruises on my arms, chest and thighs.

I'm nervous about hairy cell luekemia or some other type of bad cancer. I'm worried about all the scans, x rays and smoking that have increased my chance for cancer. My anxiety is through the roof and I am wondering if I should head to the doctor ASAP. Thank you

korega
09-09-17, 03:22
Bruises turning yellow is normal. It means they are healing. If they stayed black and blue it would probably be more of a worry. And I'm not surprised you have a bunch of them if you got into a physical altercation.

I'm pretty sure in the case of leukemia the bruises arise through no physical trauma.

Smoking is bad obviously. But a pack a month is less than a cigarette a day isnt it? That's on the very very mild side of smoking danger. Considering there are people who do a pack a day for 30 years.

The scan and xrays, again are on the very mild end of the scale in terms of radiation exposure.

Ryank65
16-10-17, 08:37
I'm a 23 year old male. I used to smoke a pack a month for 2 years and quit 1 year ago. I also used to be very overweight. Last I have gotten 1 abdominal CT scan and 3 abdomen x rays within the past 3 years.

Just last week I have been having digestion problems and a constant bloated feeling in stomach. Also for the past week I have been having a pinching and irritating back pain opposite of where the stomach is. Pain has been pretty constant for a week, on the back opposite of the stomach. It also feels sometimes like its about to cramp and sometimes the pain shoots up to right below my left shoulder blade. Last I recently have had a couple rash bumps pop up on my arms. 3 bumps near each other popped up on left arm 3 days ago and 2 more rash bumps just poppd up on my right elbow and forearm.

I'm worried the chemicals from smoking and the radiation from the scans have increasedy risk of a bad cancer. I have no other sysmptoms like fatigue, fever, night sweats, easy brushing or anything else. Just the digestion problems, bad pain on back and random itchy bumps popping up. But the stomach problems and back problems have been constantly on and off for past 3 months. It's like for a week I'll feel mild pain and then the next week it will get more severe and then go back to being mild. I'mnworried it could also be a swollen spleen causing the pain in my back and abdomen bloating...

Should I be concerned and go see a doctor?

Elen
16-10-17, 09:28
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Ryank65
16-10-17, 20:35
Anyone help me?

Ryank65
17-10-17, 07:08
From what I just posted. I'm havingabdomen pain and constant bloating in my stomach and I'm also hang back pain on the back opposite of where the stomach sits. Ive been taking tums and pecid but nothing helps. I also I have been having strange rash bumps pop up on my left arm and then 2 days later some came plus on my right arm. I'm worried the pain is my spleen or maybe a tumor or something bad. Having some bad anxiety and I do go see a therapist but that isn't helping either. Sorry