PDA

View Full Version : Told I have pressure in the eyes and I'm terrified

hazy
16-10-17, 09:38
Hi,

I went for a routine eye test a couple of days ago. I don't really wear glasses only when I am on my phone. Anyway my Optician said the pressure in my eyes is high and I have to go back to have it re-checked on Thursday, he said it may be nothing but when I asked what it means he said it could be glaucoma and I am panicinking like mad now. Can someone please try and re-assure me? x

O_O
16-10-17, 09:55
Sorry you're so scared, hazy. Anything to do with the eyes is scary. If the pressure had been really high they'd have acted then and there. It's reassuring that they were unconcerned enough to leave it a few days.

Are you on any antidepressants like SSRIs? They can increase eye pressure.

hazy
16-10-17, 10:21
Thanks for your reply, I'm taking Citalopram 10mg and have been for several years now. I have no symptoms, I've constantly got headaches because I am under so much stress so I don't know, but obviously anything medical sends me in over drive.

O_O
16-10-17, 10:35
Citalopram can increase eye pressure and I believe headaches can be a symptom of that. Are you long sighted? Do you know if you have narrow angles of the anterior chamber?

If you had glaucoma I think it would already have been diagnosed and the optician would be much more concerned.

I know it seems like forever but I think you'll have to find a way to wait until Thursday and see what they say!