PDA

View Full Version : morning jitters

Dan
14-06-07, 23:12
hi all
havent been on for a while things were plodding along nicely until i had a second miscarraige which i had to have a dnc the whole episode freaked me out apart from the dealin with losing another baby as a result anxiety back with avengance anyway what i would like to ask people is i keep waking up with the the most jittery tummy you can imagine like i have a load of frogs(strange analogy) inside me jumping this starts me off and as hard as i try i then cannot relax or go back to sleep then the axiety seems to linger all day .. its happened about 5 times so logically i no it must be related to panic but when you first wake up logic isnt around, i also get very cold even if hot out like this morning. it doesnt help becuase for the 3 yrs i have been havin panics anxiety etc i usually cope by walkin it of but at 6.30 am wiv my son in bed i cantdo this and feel trrapped in doors which doesnt help.
i feel like ive tried everything acupunture reflexology nutrition cbt herbal things but am practically back to square one. any advice and does anyone else experience anything similar
thanks for readin this waffle and thanks if you reply.
dan

Nibbles
15-06-07, 15:50
Hi Dan,

You've described exactly the same feeling i get sometimes. For me it can come on either in the day or night and tends to linger for a while. I find getting up and occupying yourself can help so perhaps you could go downstairs with your son for a little cuddle in front of the TV? When I have this feeling I try to accept it's there, is harmless, and will go away on its own in time. In the meantime I try to keep busy and if my appetite isn't great I eat little and often.

Take care,

SSTARR1701
15-06-07, 16:02
Hello.
I get those jitters too. They ususally appear right as I wake up. And then come and go thoughout the day. If I've had a panic attack, those lingering jitters seem to go on forever. I know they go away eventually, but at the time (like now), eventually seems a looooonnnngggg way off.

S.

Southern_Belle
15-06-07, 16:12
Hi Dan,

I don't wake up with a tummy problem but with a racing heart. I too don't understand how my heart can be racing when I haven't even truly woken up yet. Then it seems like my whole body is racing. It is quite scary. I get up and start my routine and luckily mine goes away. Sometimes it happens when I go to bed and I breathe through it. You have been through a very traumatic time (sorry for your loss) so hopefully in time things will calm down. Sorry I don't have any advice to give other than just get up and get on with your day and try to ignore it. Good luck!

Laura :)

yorkylover
15-06-07, 16:15
I get these to,and especially on waking in the morning.:hugs:

Lindalou64
15-06-07, 20:27
Hi Dan Sorry To Hear Of All You Have Been Thru..i Get Those In My Belly Was Told There Spasms Since I Suffer With A Stressed Stomache Always Feel Sick On And Off 4 Months On 2 Months Off Still Dont Get It.. But With Everything Youve Been Thru Maybe Its Stress In Ya Belly....stress(anxiety) ...........linda Xx

KLK1107
15-06-07, 20:40
Hi! I get those feelings every single morning and I can't stand them... I am emetophobic so that feeling is a horrible feeling... i'm sure with everything you've been through that it's mostly stress... hope you feel better soon!

Dan
16-06-07, 08:46
Thanks For Your Advice
In My Logical Brain I Realise Anxiety Related But Logic Seems To Be Hidding At 6.0am In Morn Am Sure It Will Pass Eventually Just Tired Of Tryin And Fed Up Of Feelin Pooey Want To Live My Old Life Again But Must Keep Chin Up
Dan

PUGLETMUM
16-06-07, 08:56
hi dan,

its not waffle, and sorry about the miscarriage.

i know exactly how you feel as this period of anxiety im having im experiencing the worst tummy symptoms ive had ever i think!!! mine feels like concrete, just completely stiff and knotted yyeeeuuuuccchh horrible.

i also understand how you have times when your coping skills cant be applied either, and thats a pain, so waht do you do? - find another one, acceptance of what yur experiencing without demanding it to go away and relaxation and deep breathing are good ones but youve got to give them time and youve got to practice them regularly!!

all the best emma xxxxxx

bubbleblitt
20-06-07, 05:38
Hi Dan, sorry that you have been going through such a bd time recently.I get panic attacks and only first thing in the mornings.Mine is related to a fear of flying and I only get it before a flight.I find that as soon as I wake if I fell jittery I take some Rescue Remedy in a small amount of water.Then I drink two cups of camomile tea.It tastes horrid but seems to help.If that doesn't calm me down then I listen to a relaxation tape and that usually sorts out my breathing and makes me lie down instead of flapping about in the house.Also, if I am still twitchy I try and read, just something light hearted like a magazine.Good luck and hope some of this works for you, take care, Bubble