PDA

View Full Version : DVT? Chest infection? Pleurisy?

Anxiouscow
16-10-17, 22:55
Hey guys

To cut a long story short, I've been in bed for about three weeks with a broken foot. I've been moving about as much as possible but now I've got chest pain, dizziness and ear pain. I'm really worried that I have DVT or pleurisy, but also think I could have a a chest infection?

I'm going on holiday on Wednesday, so I'm really worried I'm in poor health and it's going to ruin it!

Does anybody think it's realistic that I could have DVT or something serious? Or am I being irrational?

nomorepanic
16-10-17, 23:04
I don't think it is realistic at all to be honest.

If you think you have a chest infection then you should see a doctor tomorrow. I have one at the moment and am on antibiotics.

KK77
17-10-17, 00:31
You should definitely see your GP before you go.

Thelegend27
17-10-17, 05:11
a DVT usually causes alot of swelling redness and warmth, it easy to spot a DVT in a doctors perspective, so if you had a DVT you would know for sure something was wrong. now there are rare cases where a DVT goes undetected, but its not common at all since a DVT obstructs blood flow in major veins and arteries and with this comes very obvious symptoms.

NervUs
17-10-17, 15:08
I have pleurisy right now.

You feel a sharp pain with a deep breath in.

Do you feel that?

Anxiouscow
17-10-17, 23:38
I have pleurisy right now.

You feel a sharp pain with a deep breath in.

Do you feel that?

No, just a bit of a dull pain when I lean forward. I think the lightheaded feeling was from hyperventilation, because of the the anxiety.