PDA

View Full Version : My partners work

phil06
16-10-17, 23:12
My partner works in retail and her management had changed she was previously working 20 hours over 3/4 days now it’s 5 days and no two days together plus they are refusing to give her time off for pre booked concerts is there much we can do? It’s causing me anxiety as we use to be able to go short breaks etc?

I take it finding a new job is her only option? :ohmy:

Velvet
17-10-17, 01:54
What hours did she sign her contract of employment for ?
Maybe make an appointment with cab to check it out or ring one of the unions to ask a general question around it...
Good luck to you
Wish you all the best x

phil06
17-10-17, 10:24
What hours did she sign her contract of employment for ?
Maybe make an appointment with cab to check it out or ring one of the unions to ask a general question around it...
Good luck to you
Wish you all the best x

It was 20 hours but they regularly spring full time on her not sure how many days her contract was for.

However they have changed it to more than 2 days off a few times then change it back.

We have plans to tour places in the world so it’s very disruptive to plans. Also if we have a family it could also be an issue.

Problem is many shops like short hours over 5 days so she would ideally need one for a set number of days.

She’s not keen on speaking up at work so not sure much she will do. I work 4 days out of 3 and usually the 3 days is often time where I take a short break and that’s why she’s working part time as that suits being able to go places. However next year she’s going to a wedding so only have 2 weeks holiday together in the whole year so that’s why it’s important to have days off.

---------- Post added at 10:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 ----------

Update seems her work is lying

3 weeks rota up 3 days off and some have two days off together.

So I said to her why can’t she have Sunday off previous week Monday Tuesday of next week? Surely she can go higher up?

Bigboyuk
17-10-17, 11:35
Hmm not sure if anything can be done on this mate! How ever there may be employment laws in place regarding this. And as for prebooked tours how much notice is required by her company to grant the days off? In my case its a full month (then they cant guarantee the time off if they cant get cover for it) So check with ACAS totally impartial free advice on employment laws and they will tell you yes or no Good luck Cheers

phil06
17-10-17, 11:37
Hmm not sure if anything can be done on this mate! How ever there may be employment laws in place regarding this. And as for prebooked tours how much notice is required by her company to grant the days off? In my case its a full month (then they cant guarantee the time off if they cant get cover for it) So check with ACAS totally impartial free advice on employment laws and they will tell you yes or no Good luck Cheers

She asked for days off for 2018 so you can’t give them much more notice really it’s frustrating. I suggested to her maybe she could try shift swaps?

Problem is trips away cost more short notice.

Bigboyuk
17-10-17, 11:44
She asked for days off for 2018 so you can’t give them much more notice really it’s frustrating. I suggested to her maybe she could try shift swaps?

Problem is trips away cost more short notice. Guess she cant really It may be just because the holiday entitlements for 2018 haven't yet started! Think that's a good idea shift swaps though ;) I would still ask ACAS's advice on this and get her to go over her contract with a fine tooth comb and check and double check to see what it says