PDA

View Full Version : slight relapse

helenhoo
17-10-17, 12:15
Hi all, today/last night I seem to have had slight relapse

I have a rash on one arm, using cream - cool.

Same arm I have the infamous pink mark which I worked out I have had for years and is (highly likely) nothing. I decided to inspect arm and decided I cant quite tell of thetes a similar mark which is thetr/isn't there depending on lighting. I have corned beef arms and pinkish tones in general and its more nothing than something but I keep checking. I've not yet and won't google but I'm worried anout the mark i decided was ok, from 2 years, that 3 nurses said was just skin spreading...

---------- Post added at 12:15 ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 ----------

excuse the spelling errors same autocorrect-less phone. Just seeking support.

Elen
17-10-17, 12:37
A relapse is allowed.

Try and use the techniques from your CBT to rationalise your thoughts.

It is much better if you can do this for yourself.

Getting re-assurance from here is short lived and starts the cycle off again.

Write your thought process down if it helps

swgrl09
17-10-17, 13:42
We all have relapses from time to time and it's okay! I am going through a bad bump in the road right now myself. Just remember what got you through and got you feeing better. Draw from your strengths to get through this. It sounds like you already know the answer about this one. :hugs:

helenhoo
17-10-17, 13:47
Thanks both. I worked self into such a bother last night assured myself usong my methods then stupidly reminded myself this morning. I literally keep gawping at it 'no it's just skin' 'is it though?' I feel I'm teetering on the edge of a sprial...

MyNameIsTerry
17-10-17, 13:48
I agree with the above by Elen & swgrl. Catch it now before it gains momentum if you can.

Blips are painful but are part of the process. Without learning to beat them, how can we recover?

What has helped you in your therapy to deal with these types of thoughts? Talk about that side rather than the symptoms side.

helenhoo
17-10-17, 14:16
Logic helped a lot.

Like I had this 2 years ago, no change. Nurses didn't seem phased whatsoever. And distraction methods so last night I rang a friend. Its a matter of seconds between thinking nope its fine to straining my eyes to see if it looks different.

Thank you Terry

Senior Moment
17-10-17, 14:59
I know how you feel !!! I am in the process of recovery but the blips do come fast and furious some days don't they ? I have been having days on end when I've been reasonably fine, but yesterday I happened to read somewhere ( NOT GOOGLE) that a particular symptom that I have been suffering with was, or could potentially be, life threatening !! That was me a total wreck all evening and a sleepless night just for luck. Have felt a bit iffy today to, but forcing myself on. What a nightmare anxiety is. xx

KK77
17-10-17, 22:34
Relapses happen - it's how you deal with them - and I'm glad to see you coping much better now :D

helenhoo
18-10-17, 18:02
I've now started wondering if it is the same I had years ago even going so far to reenact the photo. I'm still leaning towards a yes it is and I was highly convinced last time. Plus the nurses were still unphased...

Elen
18-10-17, 18:13
Try really hard to not let this spiral out of control.

Use what you have learned to stop the cycle

MyNameIsTerry
18-10-17, 18:18
Logic helped a lot.

Like I had this 2 years ago, no change. Nurses didn't seem phased whatsoever. And distraction methods so last night I rang a friend. Its a matter of seconds between thinking nope its fine to straining my eyes to see if it looks different.

Thank you Terry

Good, use distraction to insert breaks. Too much thinking time is a real problem early on.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of support on here either but try to limit yourself and steer it away from reassurance seeking. And we can help to not add to that too now you are trying to get better.

So, what do you plan on doing over the next few days to help yourself?

Try to draw a line under thinking about it over & over. Reframe and then look more towards getting on with your day and tolerating the anxiety you feel in the background.

helenhoo
18-10-17, 19:11
I'm getting there thank you all.