PDA

View Full Version : Aneurysm worry.

Deepseathree
17-10-17, 19:42
I've had this worry before. This is actually one of my main fears. Typically though I don't let it bother me as I'm aware of how rare it is in someone my age(29). I've been under a lot of stress lately and sleep for the past month or so has been awful at best. Sometimes 3-4hrs, sometimes more. I'm not one that is usually affected by headaches, but last night I woke up around 5:30 with one. It kind of went away. Throughout the day periodically today there has been a sharp pain along the back of my head. The headache doesn't seem like a stres induced headache and I also massaged the back of my neck and up my head on the muscles in case that was the cause. When I close my eyes and move them around I feel a pain that extends to the back of my head where the pain sort of radiates from. I know statistically it's unlikely, I know 4 people under 5who have had them. Plus I keep thinking the lack of sleep and amount of stress has attributed to what could possibly be one. Any help here.

Fishmanpa
17-10-17, 19:45
Any help here.

You already know how rare it is at your age and how statistically unlikely it is so :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Deepseathree
17-10-17, 20:00
Thanks for the response. That's the one thing keeping me in line. But my friends dad had one when he was younger. A 13 y/o in my county had one. A lady I worked with in her 40s had one. A guy in his late 40s I was friends with had one. A pregnant lady in her 30s near me just had one. The fact that it's super rare but I know of these right off hand are the things that contradict my thoughts of the rarity argument.

Murdock
17-10-17, 20:44
I’ve posted this on another thread but can repeat it here:

As others have said it’s a pretty rare thing to have, especially at a young age. A friend of mine did have one at 32 but he had symptoms for months. Severe headaches to the point where even keeping his eyes open was agony, and he used to black out a lot. He put off getting checked out even though in his scenario there was clearly something very wrong. He got it sorted in the end and it was one of the largest aneurysms the surgeon had ever seen. Yours sounds nothing like this. Sounds similar to the tension headaches I used to get, especially with them being in your neck.