PDA

View Full Version : What next?

Zac26
17-10-17, 19:43
Ive recently been subjected to prolonged stress at work which has led me to develop anxiety. I went off work for two weeks in the new year, went onto medication and then when I returned to work I was moved into a new, better, department.
Now, things have been ticking along OK. I came off my meds a month after returning to work and I've felt like I've been coping. But then my symptoms started reappearing - at first at a certain time of the month so thought hormonal. And then this month it's much worse Perhaps due to the change of seasons?
So went back to doctors and back on the meds when I feel like I'm having a bad day but finding that although they are great at stopping me from bursting into tears at work, they are making me irritated and angry and sick. So replacing one issue with another and still effecting me at work.

Now my worry is that I don't know what to do next.
Should I tell my boss that I'm relapsing so my work will be effected, and if so when they ask what they can do to help what do I say? What can help??
I keep trying to look for logical answers, but the anxiety is so unlogical that I don't know what else I can do to help me recover.
I just feel so lost and don't know where else to turn

frazm88
18-10-17, 17:42
I have been toying with a similar situation on the work side, the last two weeks have been awful and I keep making stupid errors due to a mix of inexperience and my anxiety being sky high.

I’ve only been in my job 4 months and dunno if to tell or not is wise, so first of all well done to you for telling them in the first instance!

Where to go next? I’m not sure, being honest seemed to serve you well previously, maybe that’s the best way to go again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk