PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant, petechiae? Help please

Brunamateus
18-10-17, 13:44
Hey guys, so I'm currently 37 weeks pregnant, when I was around 7/8 years old I would get these tiny red and purple dots on my legs arms and so on, the doctors ended up telling us I had thrombocytopenia which means that I had low platelet count...since I was a child they left it alone to see if it would resolve by itself and it did...
The thing is two days ago the same little spots showed up in my thigh (in much less quantity) almost unnoticeable and now they are slowly vanishing...I'm scared it is due to low blood platelets since I'm so close to my due date I'm so scared I'll bleed to death or that my baby will suffer, has anyone had this and turned out to be nothing? Please help, I only have an appointment on Friday and scared the baby won't hold till there! :weep:

swgrl09
18-10-17, 13:53
I can't diagnose you, but am also pregnant and can say the nursing line at my OB/GYN has been a vital resource for me when nervous. Could you call and ask?

Brunamateus
18-10-17, 14:09
Not really, here in Portugal is different :weep: we can't do that if we suspect something is wrong we should just go to the Er, but I mean I don't wanna go there and look really stupid since they are just a few dots

O_O
18-10-17, 14:23
You know, I don't think you'd be wasting anybody's time to go to ER and tell the doctor about this. You're pregnant so you need to take precautions. You know you had thrombocytopenia in the past, and if you have those symptoms again you should let the doctor know just so they are aware and maybe run some tests if they feel they need to.

Doesn't mean anything will go wrong, but it's important for the doctors to know things like that so they know the full picture when you come to give birth :)

Livvy_rice
18-10-17, 17:29
Do you not get regular blood tests when pregnant?

Brunamateus
20-10-17, 14:15
Yeah we do but this was after the last blood test I did and everything was fine, but it is starting to fade and since it's so small my doctor said I shouldn't be worried