PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety worse with throat infection

DottyWood94
19-10-17, 00:43
Hello
I have a throat infection, and I've been prescribed Clarithromycin because I'm allergic to Pencillin and have awful side effects with Metrodiazonle
I feel weak, fatigued, spaced out, cramps and nausea.. Not too mention, very anxious!
I'm terrified I have the beginning of Sepsis or an infection in my heart.. My anxiety is very high tonight and I think maybe the antibiotics are giving me bad side effects? Should I stop taking them or?
Any help. Would be much appreciated

Fishmanpa
19-10-17, 01:13
You're sick. You're taking antibiotics that may or may not be exasperating your symptoms. You're bound to feel like poo.

Keep taking your meds and ride it out. You'll turn the corner soon.

Positive thoughts

Caseyg89
19-10-17, 01:24
From my understanding, you should always do the full course of antibiotics. If not, you can gain antibiotic resistance or not heal the infection fully and it will just come back. If the side effects are horrible, talk to your doctor about a different alternative. If you have an infection, you are going to feel like garbage.

DottyWood94
19-10-17, 12:34
You're sick. You're taking antibiotics that may or may not be exasperating your symptoms. You're bound to feel like poo.

Keep taking your meds and ride it out. You'll turn the corner soon.

Positive thoughts
I've heard alot of bad things with this antibiotic, that it causes heart Palps and can lead to sudden cardiac death..

swajj
19-10-17, 12:42
Maybe ask your doctor. There are no doctors here.

Fishmanpa
19-10-17, 13:18
I've heard alot of bad things with this antibiotic, that it causes heart Palps and can lead to sudden cardiac death..

Dr. Google at it again :doh:

Positive thoughts