PDA

View Full Version : Adrenaline rush or heart

Justanutter
19-10-17, 14:39
Been to GP today fir the second time in two weeks. Been having odd adrenaline type waves coming up from stomach through chest and down arms on and off for about 12 months. Mostly now in a morning while cleaning teeth or getting ready. Feels a bit fainty too and makes me need the loo quick. Passes off fir rest of day.

However, on an odd occasion, when I exert myself as in rub a mark off the carpet or mash potatoes, I get one then which is scaring the living daylight out if me. ECGs show nothing. GP says anxiety.

I am very stressed with life probs at the mo, but got GP to check me over this morning, said it's not my heart etc but I forgot to say it happens on 'exertion' and so now I'm worried as have read that this means it is heart.

Can you get these adrenaline rushes with just this little bit of exertion? Angina? Anyone had this? Supposed to be out tonight at an Awards do but not sure whether to go to A&E but it would ruin my son's night. :weep:

floridagirl1984
19-10-17, 16:10
hey Justanutter I have had this same issue too, has not happened in quite a while now but I used to get them super early in the morning before i get up from bed, and like you I too would wonder if its my heart or indeed anxiety. I would say it is anxiety and possibly stomach related. If it was indeed a heart issue it will not just occur just in the Am and then go away. Heart problems are an everyday all day thing. What it can also be is the muscles in the upper body too. I remember here at work i would have sensations like that in my chest every time i would reach to pick up the phone, so that can be factor too. If you are not comfortable with what your doctor says ask if it further testing is possible, or maybe some clarification as to why he thinks it might be anxiety since no test were done to rule anything out, and if you still are not satisfied if necessary you have a right to a second opinion. But for the moment if those are the only symptoms you have i wouldn't worry about it being your heart, unless you have swelling in your extremities, in the abdomen or if you are having chest pains, wheezing and cough. I hope this reply gives you some peace :)

LED197
25-11-17, 18:47
Been to GP today fir the second time in two weeks. Been having odd adrenaline type waves coming up from stomach through chest and down arms on and off for about 12 months. Mostly now in a morning while cleaning teeth or getting ready. Feels a bit fainty too and makes me need the loo quick. Passes off fir rest of day.

However, on an odd occasion, when I exert myself as in rub a mark off the carpet or mash potatoes, I get one then which is scaring the living daylight out if me. ECGs show nothing. GP says anxiety.

I am very stressed with life probs at the mo, but got GP to check me over this morning, said it's not my heart etc but I forgot to say it happens on 'exertion' and so now I'm worried as have read that this means it is heart.

Can you get these adrenaline rushes with just this little bit of exertion? Angina? Anyone had this? Supposed to be out tonight at an Awards do but not sure whether to go to A&E but it would ruin my son's night. :weep:

Hi, I've had these recently. I have health anxiety and gastritis. I get palpitations, weak feeling, chest and rib pain. Strange vision. I also get these hot rushes in my body at random times, although not that often. I'll be walking and I start to feel uneasy, hot and weak then it's like someone has turned on a hot tap in my body and it flows from my stomach to parts of my chest and down my legs. This makes me feel shaky, weak and sweaty. After five minutes it goes and I'm ok again, the next day I really ache. Think it's adrenaline.

JITTERBUG1
25-11-17, 19:03
I get the same exact things. I always thought I got them with exertion because my brain equates higher heart rate with panic episodes which then make me panic.

helenhoo
10-08-21, 20:27
Hi, did you ever come to a conclusion on what this was. Sounds exactly like what I'm going through

Justanutter
18-08-21, 23:02
Hi. No, never really got any answers and it eventually went so it was stress, anxiety and adrenaline rushes but funnily enough has reappeared recently again after another period of stress since last year.

NoraB
19-08-21, 07:39

I'd hardly class cleaning teeth as 'exertion'? :huh: What the hell are you doing with that floss? :roflmao:

ECG shows nothing wrong so it sounds like your heart is fine. Sounds remarkably like anxiety to me? :shrug: