PDA

View Full Version : Dull ache back right side of head

jhopley
20-10-17, 13:41
Hey guys,

I have been suffering from anxiety for nearly a year now and I have had every symptom under the sun, but the one that scares me the most is the one I currently have which is a random dull ache at the back of my head that mostly starts with a sudden movement. This ache can jump a little sometimes and be on the left or top of the head but most of the time it's the back right.

I wouldn't say it causes me a lot of pain but it is quite un-compatible and scary.

I suffer from chronic tension in my back and shoulders and I keep telling my self that the cause its the tension in your body but of course like 99.9% of people here I think it's something worse.

Does anyone else suffer from this or something similar??

Other symptoms that have never gone away are clicking in my throat when swallowing (every day) and the other is seeing visual trails (most days).

swgrl09
20-10-17, 14:50
I have had chronic tension in my back, neck, shoulders for years and frequently have headaches like this. There are times when it is really bad that it does impact my vision and swallowing. Usually ice helps the most (15 mins on, 45/50 mins off), ibuprofen or another anti-inflammatory painkiller, stretching, and massage. All of our muscles are connected so issues in the shoulders and neck can definitely stretch up to our heads.

jhopley
20-10-17, 21:40
Is it like a dull ace that's not really like a headache but random pains on movement?

What type of problems do you have with vision and swallowing?

swgrl09
20-10-17, 22:50
I have had both - sometimes a dull ache all day, sometimes sharp pains when I move. With vision, I have had dizziness and occasional blurry vision. I've had pain when swallowing that my doctor couldn't attribute to anything other than the tension in my neck. They all used to scare me a lot, but now this has been going on about 7 years so I am used to it.

jhopley
21-10-17, 07:51
You have has this for 7 years?

swgrl09
21-10-17, 22:26
Yep. I was in a car accident about that time, suffered whiplash, and since then my neck and shoulders have been rough. There are times where it is better for a little and times where it is worse.