PDA

View Full Version : blood sugar spike vs diabetes

exbenzo
20-10-17, 15:51
Hey guys, anybody can help me to differentiate sudden sugar spike and diabetes?

I mean, because I had colitis, from what I learned, I had to consume many fruits (easy for digestion), I also freaked out because of my colitis-induced weight loss, I was eating and eating, hoping it would increase my weight, somehow. Of course I was wrong, it didn't work that way.

Then I began to wake up at night peeing, or sometimes wake up with numbing hands. Just fyi, when I was in my mid 20s (now 30s) I also had these symptoms, even more severe then (swollen feet and face - I thought from damaged liver too, as I was consuming psych meds besides junk food back then), but since I attempted to live and eat healthy, they were never occurred anymore then. Only now do they occur again (although not as severe as before).

So, can eating tremendous amount of sugar in short period of time trigger diabetes so suddenly? Or is this only temporary sugar spike which mimics diabetic symptoms? From what I read it can't, but again my last blood test for diabetes (long ago) was normal, only my fasting blood sugar a bit high (still considered normal, might be prediabetic).

Thanks in advance.

Thelegend27
23-10-17, 04:47
I guess it depends on how high it spikes i would assume. your sugar always spikes when you consume sugar, but it shouldnt spike too high. a diabetes test is quick and easy my doc gave me one and i got my results shortly after and i dont have diabetes. get checked out.

exbenzo
23-10-17, 13:12
Thanks for the answer. Just recently done blood tests and all were normal except my low blood sugar (around 50 when fasting and around 70 in 2 hours after meal). Now my paranoid shifts to diabetes type 1, as it's autoimmune, from what I know autoummune can attack another tissues / organs once you have it (I had colitis which is an autoimmune). Do you know what makes someone might have the type 1 from the blood tests? I hope I'm not.