PDA

View Full Version : Blood Test Call got me panicked

SophieJayneRita
20-10-17, 16:31
So I've had aches and pains for years, assumed anxiety induced. After having what I assumed was "ovulation" pain for a few weeks I decided to visit doctors after many years.
Urine test - In doctors shown slightly raised white blood cells and blood, lab came back normal?
1st blood test - Vitamins all normal, no aenemia?

2nd blood test, I've just called to get my results and they have asked me to make an appointment with my Dr, Folic Acid was fine but they need to discuss my Full blood count?

I am going on Wednesday, if it was something serious, would they have called me? My test was Monday, it is now Friday and I only know my Dr wants to see me as I called to check?

I'm really nervous, I keep googling everything and I'm just so worried and need some sort of confidence to see me through the next 4 days!

Thanks guys,

first post, extremely health anxious lady

Ellient
20-10-17, 16:36
What did you have tested? You mentioned ovulation pains I wonder if they tested your CA-125?

I'm sure it's something little remember blood tests are just indicators, could be iron anything.

No need to worry :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O_O
20-10-17, 22:06
Well, if there was anything particularly worrying then I expect your doctor would have called you straight up. I guess there must be a particular aspect of your CBC that they want to discuss with you, and maybe run further tests, but that doesn't necessarily mean there's anything ominous going on.

If it's a regular CBC test, then it could be one of a number of things... could be your haemoglobin is low meaning you're a bit anaemic, could be a high white blood cell count indicating infection... It's anyone's guess! How come they did two blood tests on you? Were they checking different things?

I hope you let us know how it goes.

SophieJayneRita
21-10-17, 12:08
Hi guys,
1st blood test I know they checked iron, b12, vitamin D and folic acid. I got really emotional with my results as I hoped it was something like Aenemia... So the 2nd check they tested folic acid and full blood count. Folic acid was fine CBC not so fine apparently..
I assumed my pains were ovulation as they are mild but they've lasted pretty much 2 months on and off so it's definitely not that. She felt around my abdomen. Basically I've no idea what's going on. I'm just overthinking and worrying myself sick

O_O
21-10-17, 12:31
Hi guys,
1st blood test I know they checked iron, b12, vitamin D and folic acid. I got really emotional with my results as I hoped it was something like Aenemia... So the 2nd check they tested folic acid and full blood count. Folic acid was fine CBC not so fine apparently..
I assumed my pains were ovulation as they are mild but they've lasted pretty much 2 months on and off so it's definitely not that. She felt around my abdomen. Basically I've no idea what's going on. I'm just overthinking and worrying myself sick

Sorry you're so worried Sophie. I wish we could be of more help.

I've also got mild ovarian pains at the moment, and some kidney pains. I'm going to the doctor on Monday. I hate not knowing what this is and I just can't imagine would could be causing pains in these two different bodily systems. I had a complicated miscarriage last month and since then my anxiety has been unspeakably bad. This morning it was so bad that I thought the symptoms must definitely be caused by something serious. Now I'm not so sure, but still very very anxious.

SophieJayneRita
21-10-17, 12:38
Hi,

This page is helping more than you know, I'm worrying it's something that could kill me. I'm that anxious about it but feel crazy talking about it cause of everyone's "Oh behave you'll be fine" - deep down the fact the Dr hasn't called me in immediately I feel I know it's my over thinking!

I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage �� - I'm having pains in my kidneys too! That's why I was convinced it's a UTI! it could be a bacterial uterus infection? Maybe not urine ?
I honestly don't know! My brain is going ballistic!

Thanks for replying it honestly really is calming me x

O_O
21-10-17, 12:58
Hi,

This page is helping more than you know, I'm worrying it's something that could kill me. I'm that anxious about it but feel crazy talking about it cause of everyone's "Oh behave you'll be fine" - deep down the fact the Dr hasn't called me in immediately I feel I know it's my over thinking!

I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage �� - I'm having pains in my kidneys too! That's why I was convinced it's a UTI! it could be a bacterial uterus infection? Maybe not urine ?
I honestly don't know! My brain is going ballistic!

Thanks for replying it honestly really is calming me x

How odd that we've got similar symptoms! A million things are going through my head. Kidney infection, retained tissue, PID, ovarian cysts, some sort of cancer... I hate not knowing what's wrong with me!

The good thing about a standard CBC (from a certain perspective anyway) is that it doesn't check for things like cancer markers... so the news can't be that you have high levels of something that indicates cancer! When I was pregnant I had a CBC and had slightly raised eosinophils. Sometimes that can indicate allergic reaction or something. Last time I checked, it was back to normal though.

Thelegend27
23-10-17, 04:44
Some vitamins may be low which means they will want to fix that which could be why they called you in. and yes they will call you if it's something serious but just because they call you don't always mean it's serious. just relax it's probably just some vitamin deficiencies or something which can be treated easily.