PDA

View Full Version : Back to square one after panic attack

Ethansmom
20-10-17, 19:42
I tried to reduce my clonazepam a few days ago, and then a panic attack hit me. I started to feel shaky, short a breath, and a feeling of impending doom. It's been two days and my anxiety is back. Has this happened to anyone and how did you deal with it. I tried meditating today and exercising yesterday. It hasn't helped yet.

pulisa
20-10-17, 21:29
Don't give these feelings much significance or importance. You are very aware that you are reducing your clonazepam so will be on the alert constantly for physical symptoms..and so they happen and you panic and the cycle starts up again. Don't try too hard. Accept your feelings and carry on with your life. If you analyse every symptom and feeling you will think that you can't cope without clonazepam but you can. Just take the reduction very slowly.

robinhall
21-10-17, 10:26
Hi
Please check out the FREE CBT programme CBT4Panic - link in my signature below

If you don't have a full understanding of how and why panic attacks occur and are maintained meditation and exercise won't be of much help - in fact they may even maintain the problem as you will learn when you go through the programme

You have nothing to lose - it's a very easy read - lots of cartoons - I had panic disorder myself years ago

Please give it a try :-)