PDA

View Full Version : can anyone shed light?

KLK1107
15-06-07, 18:19
Hi everyone! I wrote on here before a couple weeks ago to ask if anyone else dealt with panic attacks during pregnancy, and now i'm back... I am 5-6 weeks pregnant now and I am emetophobic and have panic disorder... as you all know morning sickness (which is def. not just in the a.m.) is one of the first symptoms... what I want to know is will the morning sickness I have now get worse or will it slowly get better? I know some women don't start to get morning sickness until 6 weeks so that scares me because what if my morning sickness gets like 20 times worse... also my panic attacks that I have everytime I don't feel well def. aren't helping the situation much... has anyone else gone through this during pregnancy?... have any of you made it through pregnancy without actually throwing up? I know a lot of women don't, but of course being an emetophobe, I worry about it constantly...

belle
15-06-07, 19:00
GOOD NEWS!

I suffer(ed) with emetophobia and i did not vomit once during my pregnancy. I felt a little nauseous most days until i ate and only once did i fell super sick and that lastest about 28 hours. Apart from that - i was fine. I suffered with more headaches and random pains than nausea.

My "morning sickness" came back briefly in about month 7 - but again, i wasn't sick. My emet. kind of took a back seat during my pregnancy. When i first found out i did think "Oh my goodness, what if i am sick", but then realised there was very little i could do about it.

There are many things that are suggested to help with sickness during pregnancy - perhaps you could take a look at some websites. I use to drink a lot of milk!!!

I know of 2 people pregnant at the moment, one was sick constantly for the first 12 weeks - the other, nothing. No sickness at all.

Hope you're okay :)

x

KLK1107
15-06-07, 20:08
thank you so much for replying!... that makes me feel good knowing a fellow emetophobe made it through pregnancy without throwing up... I have read in a couple places that most emetophobes don't throw up during pregnancy, but of course I can never believe that stuff haha... I am hoping I make it through without throwing up too... I too wake up and feel sick until I eat, but then eating is just sooo hard when you feel sick because it isnt normal to feel sick and eat something to feel better... I can stand the nausea, but the throwing up I don't want at all... I get nauseas in the a.m. and then sometimes at night, but I too am trying to accept the fact that this is how I am going to feel during the first few months and trying to tell myself that just because I don't feel well doesn't mean i'm going to get sick... thank you for responding though! I appreciate it!

Lindalou64
16-06-07, 14:27
just a tip saltine crackers and peppermint .......been so long think thats what the doc ordered when i was pregnant.....wish ya well..........Linda

belle
16-06-07, 14:40
I think eating little and often is your answer. Make sure you don't get too hungry. It is hard feeling sick and eating, but you know you're not ill with a bug so eating is a little easier.

x