PDA

View Full Version : Small red pinprick spots all over arms

laurose
20-10-17, 20:11
Hi everyone I’m 15 and suffer with health anxiety. Over the past 12 months I have diagnosed myself with countless illnesses. My two arms are covered in these pinprick blood red dots that are under the skin and don’t disappear using the glass test. My mum and Dad have them too but not as many as me and they have been there for months. Some are bigger then others they are not together like a rash however spread out. I am worried that they are dangerous. What should I do?
I should also note that my skin tone is extremely pale so things show up more easily then other people

KK77
20-10-17, 20:18
I don't think what you describe is anything to worry about - small blood spots are common in fair-skinned people, although it could be something else. You note that your parents have them too.

You could always get your parents to make an appointment with your family GP to put your mind at rest.

Fishmanpa
20-10-17, 20:23
Glass test? I'm going to take a glass test after work with BB and KK at Feathers!

Positive thoughts

PS: I agree with KK

laurose
20-10-17, 23:16
I don't think what you describe is anything to worry about - small blood spots are common in fair-skinned people, although it could be something else. You note that your parents have them too.

You could always get your parents to make an appointment with your family GP to put your mind at rest.

Thank you. Could this be hereditary. My mum has HA too I don’t want to worry her as well as me.

---------- Post added at 23:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

Update I’ve noticed some similar spots on my chest area although they look sort of faded red and not as blood like as the others. I have been coughing a fair bit. Should I worry?

melfish
21-10-17, 05:31
They sound like cherry angiomas. I have lots. They are harmless.

laurose
21-10-17, 16:59
They sound like cherry angiomas. I have lots. They are harmless.

Can they be under the skin and look like blood?

Fishmanpa
21-10-17, 17:45
Having a daughter that suffers with anxiety and depression, it saddens me to see so many young people suffering with anxiety :( Are you getting any real life help?

Positive thoughts

thismightbezach
21-10-17, 18:18
I have these on my arms as well. They are mainly on my forearms. I also get them on my shoulders, but they go away after a few days unlike the ones on my arms which have been there for years.