PDA

View Full Version : Constant Yawning, Deep breaths.

Frosty97
20-10-17, 21:02
Hey guys, I'm new here. Used to be a member of Anxietyzone a few years back.

Recently (the past 3 days or so) I've been constantly taking deep breaths and exhaling as if I'm stressed, yawning all the time too. It happens at least once a minute or two and it's really consistent throughout most of the day. I keep having to yawn or take a deep, "satisfying" breath.

I've recently been looking on google and have seen things related to heart conditions, lack of oxygen to the brain, etc.. I have never had this before, at least I don't think I have.

I would personally like someone to help me disprove these feelings/thoughts as they are making me fixate on it even more and making me feel even more stressed. I literally can't stop thinking about it. Has anyone had this before?

sarahanderson902
20-10-17, 21:35
Hi frosty , I can relate to this just recently this was happening to me ! And for me it was anxiety ! I’ve just been put on sertaline as I couldn’t handle it anymore , are you on anything ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

Hi frosty , I can relate to this just recently this was happening to me ! And for me it was anxiety ! I’ve just been put on sertaline as I couldn’t handle it anymore , are you on anything ?

Ps also been put on beta blockers too

Frosty97
20-10-17, 23:16
Hey Sarah

Nice to hear that there's someone who's been through the same thing, it's really horrible! I think all anxiety symptoms are horrible, especially when we can't help but fixate on them.

I've been taking citalopram for over a year now, prior to that I was on fluozetine for 3 years.

Did this symptom ever go away for you? it's got to be one of the worst!

sarahanderson902
20-10-17, 23:26
I found it hard to explain the deep breath but you’ve put it perfectly trying to get a satisfying breath !
Yeah this is it constant thinking about it makes it worse but we litrally can’t help it !
All the symptoms that come with anxiety are frightening for sure !
I’ve been on sertaline for about 4 days now and maybe two days ago the whole breathing calmed down I don’t think it’s the tablets tho as I’ve said I’m only on 4th day before that I was constantly thinking about it and sometimes now I still watch the way I’m breathing specially when I’m sitting up (not sure why) i think I feel it worse sitting up but I feel when I’m lying down it’s not as bad , do you feel like that ?

Fishmanpa
20-10-17, 23:56
Very common anxiety symptom (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#BreathingShortness_of_breath).

Positive thoughts