PDA

View Full Version : Clarithromycin

DottyWood94
15-10-17, 01:27
Hey.
I suffer with anxiety and recently, I'm having pain in my shoulder (left) like someone is squeezing my shoulder and it goes down into my arm and chest.
I'm worried it heart related. I've had an ecg at my doctors and it's come back fine but I don't believe the doctors because they have a bad rating but I dont have the time to change. I work full time in a warehouse and I've been under relationship stress lately. Can someone help??

sombeer20
15-10-17, 02:28
Not to dismiss any of what you're saying at all, but anxiety can manifest very physically. Posture and tightness in particular can cause some really unpleasant sensations if you're already under stress. If you saw a doctor (even not the best one), they have to take symptoms like yours really seriously, so I would I would trust the results since they took the time to do an ECG. But if it helps investigating the issue, you could always ask for a referral to a cardiologist to get some peace of mind.

DottyWood94
21-10-17, 01:43
Hi all
I'm on 500mg twice a day Clarithromycin and I've been experiencing heart palps, like a skipped beat. I've read on Google that from someones experience, this drug sucks Potassium from your system and can cause an heart attack? Now I'm having pans in my shoulder and neck, and my pulse feels weak.?
Any tips?

SassyEdwards
21-10-17, 02:18
I have low potassium. The doctor told me it has to be very low and stay very low for a long time to experience any heart damage. Avocado, potatoes, mushrooms, acorn squash, tomatoes, all are great source of potassium. :)

Caseyg89
21-10-17, 02:29
Hi Dotty,

You really need to talk to you doctor if you are concerned about the medication and it's side effects. If the doctor feels it is a risk, they can recommend a different med. I wouldn't recommend that you take medical advice from this site.

Fishmanpa
21-10-17, 02:32
You've been on it for a couple of days now. It's one of the most prescribed penicillin alternatives in the world and is derived from erythromycin which again is one of the most prescribed antibiotics in the world. At worse, these drugs may give you a dodgy tummy which I and many others have experienced.

Your doctor would not have prescribed it if he thought there was any chance of a severe reaction and being that you've been taking it for a couple for days and you're posting here, you'll be fine. I don't doubt your feeling symptoms but I believe it's the fact you are actually sick combined with your anxiety about the meds and as indicated on this and your other thread about this, some possible tummy issues due to the meds. You had this same fear about antibiotics a month ago. For some it's nodes or cancer or ALS. For you it's meds. That's just the way anxiety works I'm afraid.

Finish your meds so you can get rid of the infection and if you decide to contact your doctor, a frank conversation about your anxiety might be in order.

Positive thoughts

DottyWood94
21-10-17, 02:40
You've been on it for a couple of days now. It's one of the most prescribed penicillin alternatives in the world and is derived from erythromycin which again is one of the most prescribed antibiotics in the world. At worse, these drugs may give you a dodgy tummy which I and many others have experienced.

Your doctor would not have prescribed it if he thought there was any chance of a severe reaction and being that you've been taking it for a couple for days and you're posting here, you'll be fine. I don't doubt your feeling symptoms but I believe it's the fact you are actually sick combined with your anxiety about the meds and as indicated on this and your other thread about this, some possible tummy issues due to the meds. You had this same fear about antibiotics a month ago. For some it's nodes or cancer or ALS. For you it's meds. That's just the way anxiety works I'm afraid.

Finish your meds so you can get rid of the infection and if you decide to contact your doctor, a frank conversation about your anxiety might be in order.

Positive thoughts

Thank You! I have bad anxiety with medication in the past due to side effects and allergic reactions I've had, so I'm always anxious when I have them.
And yes, I may go back to CBT.