PDA

View Full Version : Pancreatic Cancer fear

Fadkin
21-10-17, 15:00
This is the first time I have ever posted to this type of a forum so Im a bit uptight.

I am a male in my mid 60s and in the last few years developed a pretty obsessive health anxiety issue. A dear friend died of pancreatic cancer this year and that has preoccupied me to no end.

I am afraid I too have PC. Intellectually I know this is nuts. OK I lost about 7lbs over the last 5 months and that is what triggered this fear. My Doc is great. I had Xrays, Full blood tests and all is of course fine. I have been seeing a therapist to deal with my HA but its tough.

It got bad again a few weeks ago when I noted that I have not gained (nor have I really lost) any weight and went back to my GP. He told me he continues to have no concerns but to put my mind at ease he will schedule a full CT scan.

So now I'm scheduled for this scan I probably don't need and my anxiety is once again very high awaiting the date at months end. I am active, exercise regularly, no other symptoms so why am I so anxious? Slowly learning techniques but saw this site and thought I would ask here for some guidance and advice. Many thanks.

swgrl09
21-10-17, 22:25
My mom died of neuroendocrine cancer, another rare but aggressive cancer. After her death, my anxiety was ridiculous. I was scared of every symptom and convinced I had it. I am sure there is a connection between your friend's death and your current fears. Try to have the CT scan and then leave it at that - that will tell you for sure that you are fine.