PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get better

chloesarah99
21-10-17, 15:51
Hello all I have struggled with anxiety since my late childhood and recently it got a lot worse than usual. I have terrible health anxiety thinking i'm going to die every other day.

For the past couple of weeks i was struggling with chest pains and breathing difficulties I was sure it was anxiety but still has that dread about a heart attack. It was honestly one of the worst weeks of my life i was constantly crying and just living on the edge. Yesterday i ended up taking myself to the ER to get checked and like almost everyone on here the tests came back completely fine. I had my bloods took an ECG and an x-ray to rule everything out. Everything was perfect so finally last night i had some relief knowing my issues were all in my head.. I was having a great night completely relaxed and happy until i started feeling something in the back of my throat this has stayed all today as well and earlier after i ate i actually thought i was choking :( I'm struggling so much with this health anxiety and i wish it would stop.

It kind of feels like phlegm in the back of my throat i've tried everything to get rid of it since last night but i think the more attention i'm paying the worse it is.

I guess i'm just wanting reassurance that other people get this and that i won't actually choke? I'm struggling at the minute and it means a lot being able to come here and talk to you guys thanks

chloesarah99
21-10-17, 20:24
can someone please respond?? throat feels like it's closing up i'm so scared

Fishmanpa
21-10-17, 20:42
Well... you're posting on an anxiety forum and it really is a common symptom (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Throat_tighteningChokingSwallowing_proble ms)of anxiety so... :shrug:

As far as trying to get better? How and what are you doing to address it? Real life professional help in the form of therapy and meds if needed is warranted IMO. I have a daughter not that much older than you. She suffers from anxiety and depression. She came to me and I, along with her mother, made sure she got help. She's doing great now!

I hope you find the inner fortitude to address this in real life.

Positive thoughts