PDA

View Full Version : Had a my 2nd nuero visit and I'm not happy

emanticoff73
21-10-17, 23:16
So I went back and seen the same P.A. She looked bewildered that I was back. I explained I was having all this body and joint pain. I told my whole story all over again. She gave me another short bye to exam and checked all my reflexes. All fine. She said nothing nuerological going on. I BEG TO DIFFER. I SAID MUSCLES DO NOT JERK ON THERE OWN. She said she would give me a nerve study on my arms and they took a full rhuemotoligical blood panel. Then the real neurologist walked in. I explained to her my pain and jerks. I showed her how I jerk and that it happens during the day and it's uncomfortable. She said BENIGN, NON SPECIFIC. I LOOKED AT HER IN AWE. I KEPT SAYING BUT THIS AND THAT AND SHE WOULD CUT ME OFF AND DAY YOU HAVE NOTHING NUEROLOGICAL WRING WITH YOU. SHE SAID IT'S MUSCLUAR . SHE PALPATED MY NECK AND SHOULDERS AND SAID I WAS VERY TIGHT. SHE SAID TYLENOL AND DRY HEAT. SHE SAID YOUR MUSCLES ARE UNHAPPY CUZ YOUR TENSE. SHE THEN SAID THE MAGICAL WORDS, "MAYBE YOU HAVE A MUSCLE DISEASE. HOLD THE PHONE I DAID WHAT DO YOU MEAN DISEASE? I DAID DO YOU MEAN I WILL ATROPHY AND SHE SAID OH NO YOU DON'T HAVE THAT. I MEAN YOU HAVE CRAMPING AND PAIN. I LOOKED WORRIED AND THE P.A SAID DON'T WORRY YOUR CREATINE AND KINASE WAS 97. YOU DO NOT TELL SOMEONE YOU ALREADY KNOW IS AN ANXIOUS PERSON THEY HAVE A DISEASE. UGH! I DIDN'T SLEEP ALL NIGHT LOOKING UP MUSCLE DISEASES. IF SHE THOUGHT I HAD A NUSCLE DISEASE WHY WOULD SHE SAY TYLENOL AND A HEATING PAD. I'M SOO CONFUSED NOW. NOT HAPPY. NERVOUS ABOUT MY RHUEMATOID BLOODWORK RESULTS. HOPEFULLY I DON'T HAVE SOME RARE AUTO IMMUNE DISEASE. OH GOD WHEN WILL THIS HELL END! I WANT TO WAKE UP AND NOT FEEL PAIN.

Ellient
21-10-17, 23:18
She confirmed you have no disease though right? It was a passing saying I'm supposing... she's offered you suggestions on what can help, now you need to do those things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ServerError
21-10-17, 23:28
Would you rather be diagnosed with a serious illness? Are you suggesting these highly-trained physicians are putting their careers on the line just to annoy you?

You have benign fasiculation syndrome - the most common cause of twitching and jerking. It's closely related to anxiety.

melfish
21-10-17, 23:34
Why aren't you happy your clinical exam was clean (again)? Why are you chasing a neurological diagnosis? Why do you think your doctors are messing with you? This all-clear gives you a chance to work on your anxiety. Take it.

PS: It's difficult and unpleasant to read the all caps.

emanticoff73
22-10-17, 00:10
Wow I didn't mean to annoy all of you. My purpose of this post is how do you tell someone who you can see has anxiety that they have a disease so passively without diagnosing me with a disease. Also I am in a lot of pain. Pain I have never experienced before in my shoulders , arms, hands, legs and feet. I am also getting severe headaches that I need to apply ice packs. So my first priority is to make the pain stop. Then I'll worry about my ha. Sorry my caps annoyed you mel fish. I was quite frustrated. Pain will do that to you. Goodnight all.

Ellient
22-10-17, 00:14
Wow I didn't mean to annoy all of you. My purpose of this post is how do you tell someone who you can see has anxiety that they have a disease so passively without diagnosing me with a disease. Also I am in a lot of pain. Pain I have never experienced before in my shoulders , arms, hands, legs and feet. I am also getting severe headaches that I need to apply ice packs. So my first priority is to make the pain stop. Then I'll worry about my ha. Sorry my caps annoyed you mel fish. I was quite frustrated. Pain will do that to you. Goodnight all.

I think maybe she was using a passing joke and you've took it not nicely because of your anxiety? I have never heard of muscle disease (as a thing on its own) why google? If you have no disease googling "muscle disease" is pointless, pain can be created in your head and made worse by your anxiety if you've convinced yourself you have so and so you will feel symptoms worse.

ServerError
22-10-17, 00:46
I have enough going on in my life to get annoyed by anything on here. It's happened in the past, but not anymore. I was just trying to get you to elaborate on why you are so dismissive of the diagnosis you've been given.

The thing is, if you feel what you've had so far isn't enough, all you can do is keep pushing. But pain and twitching really can be linked to anxiety. So be careful about endlessly pushing for a worse diagnosis than the one you have.

I honestly wish you the best and hope things improve for you.

Fishmanpa
22-10-17, 07:35
Most of you have been around enough to know when someone is too far deep in the rabbit hole :weep:

When presented with the logical explanation, it will be ignored.

ECoff, I don't doubt you have pain but it's been exlpained.

She said "BENIGN, NON SPECIFIC. I LOOKED AT HER IN AWE. I KEPT SAYING BUT THIS AND THAT AND SHE WOULD CUT ME OFF AND DAY YOU HAVE NOTHING NUEROLOGICAL WRING WITH YOU. SHE SAID IT'S MUSCLUAR . SHE PALPATED MY NECK AND SHOULDERS AND SAID I WAS VERY TIGHT. SHE SAID TYLENOL AND DRY HEAT. SHE SAID YOUR MUSCLES ARE UNHAPPY CUZ YOUR TENSE."

What she said afterwards is irrelevant. It's stress and anxiety causing real physical symptoms, not some neuro-muscular disease! Treat the anxiety and you treat the symptoms associated with it. After all, you're posting all this on an anxiety website!

Hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

Elliejane44
22-10-17, 13:45
I have just comes across an old post that might help you .

Not sure how to get it on the health anxiety boards maybe some of more experienced users do

It on introduce yourself and it about aches all over a d twitching

I have same just now really strange muscle aches all over sometimes back , legs or arms . Started after I had all over twitching for a week still have that too . Gp says it stress .

Ellie

emanticoff73
22-10-17, 14:04
Fishmanpa, please listen to what I have to say before you dismiss me as some LOONEY case. I have had strange tremors when I lay in bed where my body shakes for a min then it slowly subsides, I have jerking where my whole body will jump up off the bed or limbs will fly, even my jaw and younge move in a spastic way. HEADACHES that need icepacks, horrible body pain where I don't want to walk or pick up my baby and now nausea everyday(May or may not be because of pain killer use) but is a new symptom. Yes I have bad anxiety and health anxiety. I am waiting for rhuemotoligical work up to come back which has me nervous. I need help. I'm still in pain and no one can tell me why this is happening. My GP, herniated disk in neck and wants an MRI. Neurologist doesn't think it's that and feels it's muscular. I'm confused, lost and suffering. Please don't judge me so harshly. I have respect for you and what you have gone through. I value your opinion. But I have babies and a life I want to get back to and I feel I will never get better or maybe get worse. I'm very scared. It's a 3 mint wait for a therapist in the hospital and others don't take insurance, or not taking new patients. I'm looking and desperate for help. DESPERATE.

Ellient
22-10-17, 14:16
No one in this forum can help your psychical pain - you need to do what they suggested and stop thinking so much into it you mentioned you stayed up all night googling that wouldn't be good for you and would make you think about your symptoms more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
22-10-17, 15:44
Fishmanpa, please listen to what I have to say before you dismiss me as some LOONEY case. .

I'm not dismissing you have pain. A herniated disc in your neck can certainly cause pain. I just don't think it's sinister and I also just don't think anyone on this forum can help you. Medically, from what you say, you're clear. You have a pending rheumatology test that may hold an answer but here's a twist... What If it doesn't? (and I have a gut feeling it won't) What then?

You're so afraid of something taking you from your babies and your life that you don't recognize that's already happened due to the illness you so obviously do have. It's just sad to see and I've seen it here more times that I care to recount.

I hope you find some peace with all of this. Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts

emanticoff73
23-10-17, 00:15
Well said fishmanpa. I get what your saying. You are the voice of reason. Wish you were a family member in my life. Glad to get to converse back and forth with you. I appreciate it always!!!