PDA

View Full Version : I used to post here years ago.. I'm only sorry I've had to come back!

daisycake
22-10-17, 00:28
I have had anxiety problems for years. No More Panic got me through some bad patches - from school to university, and right through university from 2009 until 2014.

Things got better for me and I went to see a psychologist for two years. He was fantastic. I got a full time job, had a flat , friends and was coping quite well with life. I had a LOT of support from my GP and my mum was never far away from me.

I made a big decision recently to go back to university to qualify as a speech therapist. This has meant a move 150 miles from home, to Glasgow from rural northern Scotland. It's been quite a shock to the system.

This shock has manifested in anxiety, spurred on by a relative (second degree, my mum's twin) being diagnosed with ARVC cardiomyopathy and having an ICD fitted. As you can imagine.. I'm absolutely petrified much of the time. Palpitations 24/7 just about. Breathlessness, chest pain, dizziness. the works. Now waiting on seeing a cardiologist as GP thought best check it out. That and I said I wanted an echo.

I feel very uprooted, lost my support network, very far from Mum, worried all the time. I've been given a number for a crisis line and a new GP surgery - new surgery is awful.

I'm vomiting a lot with anxiety, have constant abdominal pain which they think might be endometriosis but also compounded by the anxiety..

Would be good to chat to anyone in the same boat, I am sure no one remembers me but I remember a few .. Debs (who was a nurse if I remember right) and Paula (who always sent me cwtches!!) I really remember, as both sent me lovely lovely PMs , if you're still about be fab to hear how you are ! Was a long time ago now!!

:hugs:

Blonde123
22-10-17, 10:48
Hi daisycake big hugs. Sorry to hear your back but nice to meet you!
Do you think your anxiety is back because you've moved and are now away from your comfort zone? I'm interested in your psychologist. Did you pay privately and what sort of things did you do? I've had cbt in the past, but I'm a nurse so I found it helpful but predictable as I knew a lot of what she was telling me already. I did enjoy talking to her and it tidied me on for some time. I hide my anxiety well, and in general I have good health so my HA only rears its ugly head when I feel a physical symptom which is leg aches at the minute. I never understood until now how a relatively simple symptom could mean so much to someone suffering from HA. It's awful.
Anyway, was nice to chat, hopefully speak more. Take care x