PDA

View Full Version : Just checking in

KatiePink
22-10-17, 09:29
Hi everyone I've not been on here for a while, life has been hectic!
I'm now nearly 29 weeks pregnant, and well, rather round!

Baby is growing nicely and no problems upto now, i have been suffering from SPD for a while which is agony, especially at night in bed, I've had many completely sleepless nights and have been struggling enormously in work. Because of this I've decided to leave at 34 weeks instead of the intended 38.

Surprisingly my health anxiety has pretty much been buried under the actual pain I'm feeling, I seem to be far more relaxed than I was pre pregnancy, but of course I still get the odd worry. Baby is a very active one, she kicks like crazy and does what looks like flips my stomach is constantly bouncing around. Even though it can be uncomfortable sometimes I really enjoy feeling her move so much.

She has been head down for a while, at my last scan they said her head was tucked down very low which is probably adding to the pressure/pain in my pelvis and hips.

I've had some down days, where I feel guilty for not feeling happy all the time, but pregnancy isn't plain sailing and everyone is different, so I should be easier on myself really.

Starting to think about the birth more now, had a tour round the birthing centre which made it much more real. :scared15:

I hope everyone is doing well, and I'd love to hear from you's :D

Noivous
22-10-17, 10:20
Hi KatiePink!

A baby girl on the way! Awesome! I love kids. You have a lot to look forward to. Got a name picked out yet? KatiePurple?

Nice to hear from you.

N.

pulisa
22-10-17, 12:42
Glad to hear from you and so good that all the worry you had a little while back has been dealt with so you can relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. Make the most of your time now-you won't have a minute to spare come the birth! A very sensible idea to leave work at 34 weeks-who knows when your daughter will put in an appearance and best to be rested and free from work stress.

Wishing you all the very best!

swgrl09
22-10-17, 13:23
Just sent you a PM but really happy to hear that she is growing well :) I totally get not getting any sleep and struggling with work and haven't had SPD at this point so cannot imagine. Good to hear from you though :hugs::hugs:

KatiePink
22-10-17, 14:16
Nice to hear from you all :hugs:

Noivous that's quite catchy I may add it to the list!

Yes Pulisa we're both so happy it turned out well, at my last scan I asked them to have another check and both ventricles were perfect! Baby was 2lb 11oz last week x

I've struggling with the guilt of finding work difficult, it seems everyone else who maybe found it easier or didn't have SPD likes to remind you of how they worked right until the end, I've even had one colleague say pregnancy is not an illness!!
Whilst in itself it might not be a lot that comes with it can be debilitating especially when you're getting no sleep, I've been given crutches and a support band from physio which really help on my bad days.

Other than the pain I'm doing really well and quite proud of myself considering my history with anxiety.
One thing that is concerning me is the whooping cough and flu vaccine, let's just say I've never been a vaccine person! :weep:

11 weeks to go x

pulisa
22-10-17, 20:53
It's not a competition as to who can work the longest up to the birth! Honestly you are being very sensible in deciding to call it a day at 34 weeks-in the Dark Ages when I was pregnant this was the norm anyway!:D

You do what is best for you and your baby. It's no one else's business.

KatiePink
09-11-17, 16:54
Thanks guys, I know I'm doing the right thing there's no point in pushing myself too far. Seems like it might have been the best choice anyway as midwife has said I'm measuring 4 weeks ahead, so going for a growth scan to measure baby properly and we'll go from there x