PDA

View Full Version : Gum mark

unsure_about_this
22-10-17, 14:45
Having a pretty rough ride at the moment.

I go to the dentist regularly and noticed last year i have a white mark on my gum my dentist said I bumped my gum with a toothbrush (she tested it with her probe and got told there is nothing to worry about) would she have sent me to the hospital for test is she was worried, (she did not sent the mark of to be tested)

I know I had work done in this area over the years (I think a root canal or filling in tooth)

I know if it was a cancer I be quite ill after nearly a year, I go to the dentist every three months . It does not seem to have grown the mark, it does not look like a raise lump

At 33 I know there is a small chance of it being cancer, a ever smaller since I dont smoke or drink booze.

Fishmanpa
22-10-17, 16:53
Having a pretty rough ride at the moment.

I go to the dentist regularly and noticed last year i have a white mark on my gum my dentist said I bumped my gum with a toothbrush (she tested it with her probe and got told there is nothing to worry about) would she have sent me to the hospital for test is she was worried, (she did not sent the mark of to be tested)

I know I had work done in this area over the years (I think a root canal or filling in tooth)

I know if it was a cancer I be quite ill after nearly a year, I go to the dentist every three months . It does not seem to have grown the mark, it does not look like a raise lump

At 33 I know there is a small chance of it being cancer, a ever smaller since I dont smoke or drink booze.

So what is your concern exactly? :shrug:

Positive thoughts

MRS STRESS ED
23-10-17, 08:13
Sounds to me your not listening to your dentist please be reasurred by what they have said,if you keep over thinking it will make you poorly positive thoughts xx

Elen
23-10-17, 09:12
Phil time for a great big Elen boot.

You do not have cancer, you have crippling health anxiety honey.

Concentrate on your up coming trip and dont go looking for things to freak out about.

tc Elen