PDA

View Full Version : helping each other

wavey
22-10-17, 14:55
Hi there,

I've slowly gone back to a state of anxiety over the past months - I put this down to suffering from a long colitis flare up (I've had colitis for over 20 years). A flare up makes you pay attention to yourself because of the symptoms that occur - which can include or result in stress. Over a long period this has led me to over-think which has led back to increased anxiety. Although the colitis flare-up ended around August, I am having panic attacks and general anxiety about my life now - I've taught myself to panic all over again!! :lac:

So I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in helping each other as we journey through our anxiety back to positivity!! (I am staying positive - even writing those words down is subconciously a good thing to do).

I was thinking of maybe starting a facebook group (locked so only members can see read posts and comment), where we can encourage each other and give updates?

Don't get me wrong, No More Panic is a great resource, but I thought it might be an idea to keep it separate and more focused for those of us with similar anxiety.

As part of it I was also considering a Google Hangout meeting once a week where a few of us can talk face to face (over the internet) about how things are going, and anything else (it's a good idea to NOT talk about anxiety all the time).

At the moment it's just an idea - I'm seeing if anyone is interested :)

Take care,
David

elizabeth45
22-10-17, 15:42
Hi there,

I've slowly gone back to a state of anxiety over the past months - I put this down to suffering from a long colitis flare up (I've had colitis for over 20 years). A flare up makes you pay attention to yourself because of the symptoms that occur - which can include or result in stress. Over a long period this has led me to over-think which has led back to increased anxiety. Although the colitis flare-up ended around August, I am having panic attacks and general anxiety about my life now - I've taught myself to panic all over again!! :lac:

So I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in helping each other as we journey through our anxiety back to positivity!! (I am staying positive - even writing those words down is subconciously a good thing to do).

I was thinking of maybe starting a facebook group (locked so only members can see read posts and comment), where we can encourage each other and give updates?

Don't get me wrong, No More Panic is a great resource, but I thought it might be an idea to keep it separate and more focused for those of us with similar anxiety.

As part of it I was also considering a Google Hangout meeting once a week where a few of us can talk face to face (over the internet) about how things are going, and anything else (it's a good idea to NOT talk about anxiety all the time).

At the moment it's just an idea - I'm seeing if anyone is interested :)

Take care,
DavidHiya I'd be happy to talk about anxiety I've lived with.it for 23 years and at the moment house bound be nice to hear other story x

Elizabeth

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk