PDA

View Full Version : Lump on back of head?

braginskaya
22-10-17, 16:12
So, basically I can feel a lump on the back of my head - towards the right hand side and about level with the top of my ear. It doesn't hurt or move around, and feels almost like it's part of my skull? I've never noticed it before, which is making me worry a bit as I don't know whether I've always had it and just not paid attention to it or whether it's appeared recently. I'm concerned it might be a bone/brain tumour or a dodgy lymph node, and it's making my anxiety resurface even though I'm trying not to think about it. :(

Ellient
22-10-17, 16:14
It's a probably a bone, I have two either side and one sticks out a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
22-10-17, 16:30
It's a very unique condition called BONE! ;) Our skulls are not made of smooth porcelain. Just be thankful you're not a Klingon!

Positive thoughts

KK77
22-10-17, 16:41
It's a very unique condition called BONE! ;) Our skulls are not made of smooth porcelain. Just be thankful you're not a Klingon!

Positive thoughts

*Checks head*

Thelegend27
23-10-17, 04:39
How big is it? if you were to wear a hat would it get in the way? i'm just trying to get a picture of what you're talking about. most people have lumpy skulls to a certain degree, i have a lumpy skull and always have but if i were to shave my head it wouldnt be noticeable.

megsi99
25-10-17, 03:01
I had something like this near my temple on my scalp. It went away after a couple of weeks. Felt the same as yours, very hard, almost like bone. I applied heat and tea tree oil, not sure if that helped or not.

braginskaya
30-10-17, 22:57
How big is it? if you were to wear a hat would it get in the way? i'm just trying to get a picture of what you're talking about. most people have lumpy skulls to a certain degree, i have a lumpy skull and always have but if i were to shave my head it wouldnt be noticeable.

No, it's not - it feels about the size of a pea except more flat? It's not noticeable at all, but it keeps concerning me, mostly because I don't have the same bump on the other side of my head.