PDA

View Full Version : Oral Cancer “Worry”

veryworriedgal
22-10-17, 22:15
Hello! to start things off, i’m working on my health anxiety and not taking to google as soon as some minor thing happens. So my thread title has worry in quotation marks because of that. On thursday the roof of my mouth had felt like it had been burned, but there was a problem to that: i hadn’t eaten anything hot that day, and i do not recall having burned it the day prior. As of today the roof of my mouth still feels like that, but no longer painful. Not only does it seem like it’s been too many days for a burn to heal, but also i am unsure how a burn could’ve even happened.

I’ve attached a picture. I know the time frame that you should start being concerned with lymph nodes: what’s the time frame before you should start being concerned with mouth sores? this is day four for me.

http://ibb.co/ivFky6

KK77
22-10-17, 22:33
Looks like irritation from something hot/sharp - but remember no one can diagnose you over the Internet.

You need to see a doctor about this.

Thelegend27
23-10-17, 04:36
alot of things can cause the roof of the mouth to become irritated, such as, hot foods, spicy foods, sour foods, food thats high in acid, sharp foods like chips, cracker, meat on the bone etc. the roof of my mouth gets irritated from time to time and i cant always remember what caused it. just give it a little while to see if it goes away if not see your dentist.

Annaboodle
23-10-17, 09:17
Did you have any tea or coffee? That can do it without realising at the time. Good on you for the Google avoidance.

veryworriedgal
25-10-17, 01:49
Hello! another update. So, as of today it’s no longer painful or feeling like a mouth sore, but it still looks the same in my opinion. after a burn or a cut in the mouth does it take a while for the redness to go away, like a scar, even though this isn’t one of those?

---------- Post added at 00:49 ---------- Previous post was at 00:38 ----------

i know these questions are probably silly but i’m afraid to look them up on google as a simple query like “red spots in mouth” will have cancer as a high risk thing y’know?

Fishmanpa
25-10-17, 02:08
As an OC survivor and especially in light of some other recent threads, I hope you take what I'm saying seriously.

I'm not a doctor but I am a survivor. What you describe is nothing like I've ever heard OC described. If you want to cross into the dark side, pursue a diagnosis that won't come and distress many others in the process, that's your choice. Otherwise allow things to heal and get help with the illness you do have.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts

veryworriedgal
25-10-17, 14:07
thank you! :)