PDA

View Full Version : Major panic attacks advice

Olivia K
22-10-17, 22:18
Hi everyone. I suffer from really bad panic attacks where there is no pattern at all to them. It can happen anywhere and anytime and it really holds me back even though I try to not let it. Doctors have never diagnosed me with anything severe and I manage it myself by closing my eyes and counting numbers (something a doctor advised me) and this does help but I still get them.

Any ideas how to cope better or stop these please? Thanks, Olivia xx

KK77
22-10-17, 23:25
Hi Olivia. NMP is promoting a free online CBT course which you can download and work through at your own pace. Take a look at link below and welcome to NMP.

http://cbt4panic.org/

robinhall
22-10-17, 23:30
Hi KK
Thanks for spreading the word about CBT4Panic :-)

A few people have mentioned downloading

Can I just point out that there is no downloading - it's all on the website cbt4panic.org

:-)

Olivia - I really hope you give the programme a try - knowledge can make a huge difference :-)

Olivia K
23-10-17, 08:17
Thanks KK and Robin I will look into this website. I hear CBT is very effective and I am open to give anything a try. Olivia xx

Chick100
23-10-17, 08:28
Hi Olivia.

I recommend to everyone getting a copy of Dr Claire Weeks book " Self help for your nerves" She explains the cause and effects of panic attacks and ways to deal with them and other mental issues. Understanding them is half the battle and I hope this will help you too.

Mariaxxx
04-11-17, 14:21
I used to count backwards from 100 and taking deep breaths...inhale from the nose exhale from the mouth... also I was trying to distract myself by talking to others

Aps
05-11-17, 17:42
Hi all..

Dealing with panic attack is very simple. Learn about how it works. Observe your body and thoughts at the time of an attack and you can conquer it in a single day...

Lepidolite
06-11-17, 16:55
Hi all..

Dealing with panic attack is very simple. Learn about how it works. Observe your body and thoughts at the time of an attack and you can conquer it in a single day...

I wish this were true.:weep:

Maca44
06-11-17, 18:31
Hi all..

If I knew how to conquer panic attacks in a day I would be a very rich man :)

Aps
11-11-17, 16:56
Hi..

This is true.. i have done this..
Now i do smile at the memory of my panic days..

But i dont know how severe is yours...and am not any professional in this area..and for me i suffered with it for 3 years not regular..had few initial rounds..and last year got severe with 3 month continous attacks(disorder).