PDA

View Full Version : Scared of thigh pain

amyamyamy14
23-10-17, 03:13
I've been having recurring leg pain in the front of my right thigh that radiates down my leg that comes and goes every 3-4 weeks. It's a sharp burning pain and it has me paranoid that it is something really bad like a clot, ovarian/cervical cancer, bone cancer etc.

The weird thing is that I only get it when sitting down (sometimes when laying down), never when I'm walking around and exercising. In fact, I played a light game of tennis this afternoon and felt no pain, but as soon as I sat, it hurts.

It's causing me so much anxiety and I've convinced myself that it is something bad. I'm hoping it's either a pinched nerve or maybe menstrual related (since I have endometriosis). I'm 24 and though I'm a little overweight, I'm fairly active and walk/jog most days, I sit down at work though.

Can anyone else relate to leg pain that only comes when sitting?

Ellient
23-10-17, 03:20
If it comes every 3-4 weeks I'd say it's something to do with your endometriosis, cancer wouldn't come and go like that neither a clot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amyamyamy14
23-10-17, 13:01
It's causing me so much anxiety, i keep having panic attacks about it. I can't find anything online that's similar to my pain where I only get it when sitting. Everything I've read on DVT is scary.

I've had it since last Thurs. I'm hoping it's an endo/pms thing, but like most of us with HA, it's hard to dismiss things

Brunamateus
23-10-17, 14:48
I had this worry quite intensely, the pain was in my calf and inner thigh and I am pregnant, so one more reason for me to worry about it since during pregnancy your risk increases...what I've learned is that most cases of dvt cause pretty intense pain, and it is not occasionally, it's constant, another thing, for it to be dangerous it had to be in the femoral vein, this vein goes in your inner thigh, not in the front of your thigh, the pain will be on the course of the affected vein more intensely, so this itself is a great indicator it isn't dvt (I've got numerous ultrasounds done, they explained where the pain would have to be located for it to be dvt), cancer pain would also be constant it wouldn't stop for three to four weeks...if you have endometriosis it could be due to this, or ovulation! It does cause pain down the leg and the fact that it is 3/4 weeks it actually makes sense, hope I could ease your mind a little

Blonde123
23-10-17, 14:54
Hi Amy
If you read my recent threads I'm having leg pain too. It's like the feeling you get when you've been sat on your leg funny and then feel the blood flow through your leg again. It's not an actually pain more of an ache and numbness. It started from a very low groin ache again no pain but a twinge on off everyday for 2 weeks. Then it started in my leg on Friday and all day I had an achy leg. I went to bed fine, got up Saturday and about dinner time t started again. Nothing yesterday or today really except my groin twinge is back. I can't help but think it's something ovarian but I'm scared to see my gp

amyamyamy14
23-10-17, 16:08
Thanks for the comments everyone!

I'm hoping it's nothing serious. I need to stop searching DVT in google, it isn't helping my anxiety. Especially seeing that some people don't even get symptoms, yikes.

I just can't get my head around how I can play tennis or get on my treadmill and feel okay