PDA

View Full Version : Have been doing a lot better, but then...

aaronrh76
23-10-17, 06:33
So I used to be very paranoid of Lung Cancer and other forms of cancer in 2016. Apparently 2016 was the year of health anxiety for me as I never had it before but then out of the blue I have been paranoid. Well after awhile I started feeling a lot better, and my anxiety actually went away for a good long while. 2017 has been fairly pleasant. But tonight it is back a little bit, and it is irritating because I am in the middle of my final semester at school and cannot deal with this stuff at the moment.

Well anyways, earlier on tonight I cooked baked beans. Yummy. I started off by cooking some chopped up bacon (store bought HEB store brand) and some chorizo. It basically was boiling in the grease for a good several minutes. I was certain it was cooked through. Anyways, afterwords, I put in the beans, and let those heat up. After a few minutes, I felt it was ready and prepped dinner. While eating the beans, I noticed that some of the bacon was really soft and chewy. I looked at some of the bacon and it was white and not crispy or cooked looking.

So long story short, I am paranoid that I ate undercooked bacon, which can lead to worms. I am sure that it was cooked and it was just soft because it wasn't fried like normal, but I am not one hundred percent certain. From what I read, symptoms of Trichinosis don't show up for a good 2 to 4 weeks. So I am back to being paranoid.