PDA

View Full Version : Dental fears

jenni89
23-10-17, 06:48
I went to the dentist the other day to have a crown replaced. They had to rebuild the tooth and put a new post in. Next, they went to take a mold of my tooth to send it to the lab to make my crown, but it took them almost an hour to stop the bleeding in order for them to even take the mold! The dentist literally brought out a machine that was used to cauterize my gums in order to stop the bleeding. I started having a mini panic attack which made matters worse, I could literally feel my pulse in the area of my gums that was worked on. The dentist asked if I take aspirin, answer is no. This has never happened before, is this typical at the dentist? They treated me like they'd never had such a case before like that and I can't stop worrying about the idea that I have a bleeding problem.

I just want to add that this was a front tooth, a crown I've had for about 15 years, and it was quite irritated to begin with.

swgrl09
23-10-17, 13:11
Hi Jenni, I don't have any answers for you about similar experiences, but just wanted to say I am sorry you had to go through that whole ordeal - it sounds terrible! Do your gums regularly bleed like when you brush your teeth? Some people are just more sensitive. Maybe they cut you and didn't realize it, especially if it was already irritated.