PDA

View Full Version : This has to be more than anxiety!!

helenclaire
23-10-17, 09:28
I have got out of bed this morning and feel really light headed. I am cold and shakey also.
I quite often feel lightheaded/dizzy and each time it makes me panic because I think I'm going to collapse. I have convinced myself there must be something going on in my brain to be causing it but when I mention it to the Dr they just put it down to anxiety because they know I have suffered with anxiety for years. But this is worrying me which is making the anxiety worse. I am constantly worrying about it even when I am not dizzy at the time I am waiting for it to happen. I'm really struggling with this :weep:

KK77
23-10-17, 09:42
This is a problem: When you think doctors are missing real illnesses because they know you have an anxiety disorder. However, doctors would not rule out another illness if they thought your symptoms warranted further tests or investigation. Eg, no doctor would rule out heart problems if you presented with bad chest pain simply because you also have an anxiety disorder. They would invariably send you for an ECG. Ditto for other potential illnesses based on suspicious symptoms.

Are you dealing with your anxiety by taking any meds, or receiving any therapy? It's important that your anxiety is being treated just as any other physical illness would.